The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

just to say, its tuesday night, im steaming drunk, and just seen queens of the stone age in bournemouth...i dont have enough superlatives to say how good it was.

can anyone else beat this?

Yeh, saw Kyuss (minus the ginger chappy obv) a while back :lol:

Most significantly for me on the horizon, 2 bands I never thought I would see again; Leftover Crack, who are doing a few shows other than the festivals in the summer. I thought they had died (literally in the case of Stza) a couple of years back, and was quite surprised to hear of new dates inclusing Reading/Leeds. I was big time into them around 16/17, smoking crack, killing cops, what a blissful existence.

Better than them though is Capdown, a band who did properly finish. I never ever thought I would see them again, one of my favourite bands ever, as they all grew up and went and had kids, etc. Doing a bunch of shows aswell as a few festivals. Skanking in the pit. Quality. Another throwback to my younger days, but unlike LoC the 'Down are actually really really good :D

god capdown takes me back! they were qualty!

just to say, its tuesday night, im steaming drunk, and just seen queens of the stone age in bournemouth...i dont have enough superlatives to say how good it was.

can anyone else beat this?

Yeh, saw Kyuss (minus the ginger chappy obv) a while back :lol:

Most significantly for me on the horizon, 2 bands I never thought I would see again; Leftover Crack, who are doing a few shows other than the festivals in the summer. I thought they had died (literally in the case of Stza) a couple of years back, and was quite surprised to hear of new dates inclusing Reading/Leeds. I was big time into them around 16/17, smoking crack, killing cops, what a blissful existence.

Better than them though is Capdown, a band who did properly finish. I never ever thought I would see them again, one of my favourite bands ever, as they all grew up and went and had kids, etc. Doing a bunch of shows aswell as a few festivals. Skanking in the pit. Quality. Another throwback to my younger days, but unlike LoC the 'Down are actually really really good :D

god capdown takes me back! they were qualty!

I know what you mean pal. First time I saw thm was nearly ten years ago, crazy! I used to use their forum, which boob used too, and got on the guest list for some of their shows. I felt so special. Turned up and every man and his dog was on the **** 'guest list' :lol:

Here's the dates they have coming up;

Friday 29 July 2011 - Capdown, Random Hand, Vanilla Pod @ Norwich Waterfront

Saturday 30 July 2011 - Capdown, Chief, The JB Conspiracy @ Moho, Manchester

Sunday 31 July 2011 - Capdown. Random Hand, The Junk @ Concorde 2, Brighton

Thursday 4 August 2011 - Rebellion Festival 2011 @ Winter Gardens Blackpool

Friday Aug 5 2011 - Capdown, Anti-Vigilante @ The Crauford Arms, Milton Keynes

Aug 6/7 2011 - Hevy Music Festival 2011 @ Port Lympne Wild Animal Park, Hythe

Thursday 25 August 2011 - Capdown, Anti Vigilante @ The Peel, Kingston Upon Thames

Friday 26 August 2011 - Capdown @ Sub91, Leicester

Saturday 27 August 2011 - Reading Festival 2011

Sunday 28 August 2011 - Leeds Festival 2011

Friday 21 October 2011 - Capdown, The JB Conspiracy, Dirty Revolution @ The Fleece, Bristol

Monday 24 October 2011 - Capdown, Random Hand, Mouthwash @ O2 Academy 2, Liverpool

Tuesday 25 October 2011 - Capdown, Mouthwash, Anti-Vigilante @ The Cockpit, Leeds

Thursday 27 October 2011 - Capdown, Random Hand, Mouthwash Northumbria Uni, Newcastle

Friday 28 October 2011 - Capdown, Random Hand, Mouthwash @ The Maze, Nottingham

Saturday 29 October 2011 - Capdown, The JB Conspiracy, Anti Vigilant @ HMV Institute, Birmingham

Sunday 6 November 2011 - Capdown, The Filaments, The Skints @ Koko, London

If you were into the scene at the front end of the 00's you'll probably be familliar with alot of the support acts. Although I hear Mouthwash was very suddenly and explosively split-up, and cancelled all their upcoming shows, including Reading/Leeds!

I hope to see them a few times - definately in Brum and Liverpool, and the Manc show looks fantastic with Cheif playing too (hopefully they can fill the L'Pool spot if Mouthwash aren't playing). And in November, Capdown AND The Filaments. Man oh man. JD Conspiracy are Duff Muffin btw, they changed their name and are now more popular than most anything in the scene, 'cept maybe Sonic Boom Sucks uh sorry Six

I can not waaaaaaaait

The Flaming Lips were simply awesome last night and in such a perfect venue for them, The Eden Project!!!

Loads of smoke, balloons, sirens, streamers and a multitude of Dorothy's, Lions, Tin Men and Scarecrow dancing on either side of the stage!!!!

I'd also totally recommend either Ok Go or The Go! Team as a live act - both brilliant.

also caught a new group (to me anyway) in one of the domes supporting Badly Drawn Boy, The Travelling Band - bit like the Decemberists and played some decent stuff!!!

Mostly Jazz in Moseley Park today - Alice Russell, Cinematic Orchestra,Gilles Petersen, Alternative Dubstep Orchestra. Leaving Devon in the next hour, I can't **** wait!

If you were into the scene at the front end of the 00's you'll probably be familliar with alot of the support acts. Although I hear Mouthwash was very suddenly and explosively split-up, and cancelled all their upcoming shows, including Reading/Leeds!

I hope to see them a few times - definately in Brum and Liverpool, and the Manc show looks fantastic with Cheif playing too (hopefully they can fill the L'Pool spot if Mouthwash aren't playing). And in November, Capdown AND The Filaments. Man oh man. JD Conspiracy are Duff Muffin btw, they changed their name and are now more popular than most anything in the scene, 'cept maybe Sonic Boom Sucks uh sorry Six

I can not waaaaaaaait

Capdown are truly **** brilliant! Will definitely go and see them in Bristol. The first (and I thought last) time I saw them was on their 'exit' tour, so never thought I'd have the chance again.

For Sonic Boom Six, I saw them a couple of times and thought they were really average, then saw them at a the Mighty Sounds Festival out in Czech Rep where they were awesome, seen them since and much better than the first times so worth giving another go.

Anyway, if you like Capdown et al, check out http://www.myspace.com/thescrub, although unfortunately they appear to have stopped doing anything

:cry:

For Sonic Boom Six, I saw them a couple of times and thought they were really average, then saw them at a the Mighty Sounds Festival out in Czech Rep where they were awesome, seen them since and much better than the first times so worth giving another go.

Maybe they improved after I lost interest in the scene (around '05), but my memory of them isn't a good one. I found it frustrating that they were still around when bands like Lightyear, Ye Wiles and King Prawn weren't. ESPECIALLY in the case of Lightyear though, the last song on the last album explaining why the only reason they were finishing was because they simply couldn't afford to live if they carried on playing and touring was horrible :( Such a good band. I would actually be more excited for them to do a reunion tour than Capdown...but better than nothing :D

Maybe they improved after I lost interest in the scene (around '05), but my memory of them isn't a good one. I found it frustrating that they were still around when bands like Lightyear, Ye Wiles and King Prawn weren't. ESPECIALLY in the case of Lightyear though, the last song on the last album explaining why the only reason they were finishing was because they simply couldn't afford to live if they carried on playing and touring was horrible :( Such a good band. I would actually be more excited for them to do a reunion tour than Capdown...but better than nothing :D

The best bands never get the recognition they deserve but I see where you're coming from. I don't know Lightyear to be honest (although I'll be youtubing them this evening) but King Prawn were great!

The Flaming Lips were simply awesome last night and in such a perfect venue for them, The Eden Project!!!

Loads of smoke, balloons, sirens, streamers and a multitude of Dorothy's, Lions, Tin Men and Scarecrow dancing on either side of the stage!!!!

They are fantastic live!

Seen them a few times now and I rate them as one of the best live performers around, Wayne Coyne really knows how to put on a show!

Im off to see Bright Eyes next weekend. Really looking forward to that too!

Â