The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

hmmm, a quick but tough round of negotiating and it turns out I'm nominated driver for the trip out to The Forum for the gig on 27th Feb

I suspect it was a fit up.

Nevermind, 2 weeks to put together a CD of 'driving through London at night' music...

• 2 weeks later...

Trying out parking on someone's private parking space on Friday night (JustPark.com) - £8 for 12 hours in central(ish) London looks like a deal worth giving a go.

Doors now opening at 7 and due to go on until 2:00am due to extended number of bands!

Anyone want 3 nick cave tickets for the sage in Newcastle? Only asking for face value, the gig is April 29th.

The prices people are paying online are crazy

Already got tickets, or I may have. I'll ask about for you. How much did they cost? If I recall, it was £30 to £50 wasn't it?

Mark Lanegan tonight in Brum!

Can't wait!!!

Also went - loved it!

Really enjoyed the support too

Yeah I only caught the backend of the support. Got the crowd going. Plus i'm pretty sure the guitarist was the twin of Bobby out of Sons of Anarchy. 

• Like 1

saw them tonight, short n sweet, but they did Fire In My Heart, so I'm proper happy

Howard Marks looked like crap, hadn't realised he was so ill.

Alabama 3 rocked it with an acoustic country and western set, Cerys Matthews did Ring of Fire, The Earth played a set, a choir did the national anthem and a cover of rolling stones you can't always get what you want. Don Letts did an absolutely storming DJ set.

All in all, not the worst night ever. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Dead Meadow in Stockton last night. Really good, although could have stood it, if they'd turned the volume up a little. Also got annoyed by some of the other gig goers. In a venue that was 2/3 full, with lots of space for everyone, why do people come and stand right in front of you? Especially when they've got a stupid, massive curly perms? Also far too many hipster beards and glasses combos.

• Like 1

Last gig was Vessels, Rival Consoles and Chris Clark at Village Underground Shoreditch. Vessels were absolutely amazing (see: their cover of James Holden's remix of Nathan Fake's "The Sky Was Pink" and new album) and Chris Clark absolutely tore the place up with all manner of electronic madness. I spoke to him afterwards too, nice guy.

Tonight is Abdominal & The Obliques. Acoustic guitar old school hiphop kind of thing. All too common of course. I saw Abdominal with DJ Format supporting Jurassic 5 back in 2003 (in Birmingham Academy, whas an ace night that was) and he knows how to entertain a crowd.

• Like 1

Â