The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Tonight's entertainment will include (but not be limited to...) The Master. I've been looking forward to it for a while :)

I will join you BOF (in spirit), I've been wanting to watch that one for ages as well.

Forrest Gump on Film 4 last night

That Jenny was a nasty piece of work wasn't she  , fu**ing with poor Forrest's head like that and probably giving him AIDS as well

Edited by tonyh29

Forrest Gump on Film 4 last night

That Jenny was a nasty piece of work wasn't she  , fu**ing with poor Forrest's head like that and probably giving him AIDS as well

I **** hate hate hate that movie.

• Like 1

Will admit I wasn't taken by The Master personally. May need to watch it again though. Thought it was decent, sure just not as taken it by others. 

Recently got round to watching Princess Mononoke and then A Clockwork Orange. 

The former was very enjoyable as expected, not as good as Spirited Away or Howls Moving Castle though for me. The latter was just too odd, I don't often enjoy dystopia films though, they can be far too 'preachy' I guess - not the right sentiment exactly, but just a little too much of what ever it is I'm trying to say. Still, Malcolm McDowell was terrifically disturbing - although I couldn't get the image of the guard from Porridge out of my head when the guard in the film is telling him to get undressed etc. 

I've gone with Zodiac (2007) not as current as I would like but seems to be a decent cast and it ain't to long before bed, I will report back my findings.

its about 3 hours long isn't it?!

watched django again today, still like it, still think its too long, the scene with QT is completely pointless and at times the violence is a bit too gratuitous , I don't mind violence but its violence for the sake of violence and over cooked, think its the acting that sets it apart its pretty much superb all round

"I count 6 shots n*gger"

"I count 2 guns n*gger"

B)

I found the QT scene really absurd. Seemed like it was 'stuck on' as an after thought, and the acting was terrible. QT looked like he'd thrown the nearest cowboy shirt and hat on with his own jeans!! Really odd!!

I've heard that The Master is a great film but ive yet to see it

What kind of genre is it

I think most people would just call it a drama, but it's pretty much just a character examination. There's not really a plot. It just follows a character for a period of his life.

It's an interesting movie but There Will Be Blood is a better film.

Terri_MoviePoster.jpg

Excellent. :thumb:

Just watched on your recommendation there. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Can i ask you guys what you enjoyed about this film?

I'm a big fan of little indie films where very little happens but I found this awful in every way

Quirky for the sake of being quirky

No likeable characters IMO

The relationship between Terri and John C Reilly was unrealistic and therefore completely unconvincing

Even at 90minutes it felt like a chore.I don't think I've liked a film less in a long long time!

Watched Cloud Atlas last night - on the whole I enjoyed it but found the whole main actors playing multiple characters distracting as I was busy working out who was playing who!!! (I know that it was necessary - but it was distracting!)

I've never got beyond a third of the way through the book, even with several concerted attempts so it was good to see it pieced together - however it hasn't made me want to re-visit (and finish) the book - maybe some books just can't be read by you?

Â