The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

felt like watching a few cheesy kurt russell action movies so watched these recently

1240778234026.jpg

The fact that this film is allegedly set in the same universe as Blade Runner does make me chuckle.

Saw Tokyo Gore Police at the ICA some months ago, bizarre to the point where it was in equal measure hilarious and utterly terrifying but definately recommended.

Saw this last night for the first time. Filmically it's not the best but still a fairly compelling story of a Jewish kid who rails against his upbringing by becoming a neo-nazi.

516MJ2M441L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Saw "Everybody's fine" with Robert de Niro this monday. Rather good. Thought it was a comedy but it really wasn't. Some fun parts but mostly just tragic. Good film, nevertheless.

And on tuesday I saw "Moon". Very good film.

Saw this last night for the first time. Filmically it's not the best but still a fairly compelling story of a Jewish kid who rails against his upbringing by becoming a neo-nazi.

516MJ2M441L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Added that one to the list thank you sir. :thumb:

I think Ryan Gosling is such a versatile actor.

Can't think of anything I've seen him in that I didn't enjoy. :thumb:

He was due to play the Mark Walberg role in the Lovely Bones, but pulled out.

He was due to play the Mark Walberg role in the Lovely Bones, but pulled out.

More evidence to back up the notion that only picks good roles ;)

After much recommendation from others i just watch The Night of the Hunter.

For Robert Mitchum's performance, and the cinematography, it's worth watching.

But the last 10 minutes, dear me, a christmas happy ending? What the actual ****? And the constant religious conotations. Ok, we get it, just get on with the fecking story.

I feel robbed of a proper conclusion, must now watch something else to ease my anger :D

Agreed, I'm a big fan. He even made The Notebook bearable......just. Speaking of which, I missed out on this when I mentioned a couple of his films a few posts back:

Fracture.jpg

Good little film in my opinion. Far from perfect, however I think it was looked over a bit too quickly as it is certainly worth a watch.

Â