The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

crash...brilliant

crash is an awful, awful film. you can see the mechanics at work. look! look! look how relevant this is! here is some highly manipulative music just incase you didn't get the point! oh, isn't LA so fascinating and multicultural and troubled? oh, don't worry, we'll spell it out via heavy handed dialogue.

"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

yawn.

brokeback mountain was by far the best film that year.

I'm with CED here. I really really disliked Crash and I particularly disliked Thandie Newton so badly that I hate her in anything else to this day. A horrible movie. To call it over-rated is a gross understatement.

It's not the only movie where I disagree with the establishment either. My opinion of Schindler's List wouldn't be too hot. I probably need to re-watch it as I wasn't 'up' for a B&W 3 hour borefest at the time I went to see it in the cinema. To this day, the only film I've ever nodded off (briefly) at. And I've been to see The Mexican!

Watched Leon/The Professional last night, as the girlf had not seen. My favourite bit is when Leon brings the piggy out of the kitchen, it's cute.

I think it's a movie EVERYONE should watch

Do you see?

Watched Leon/The Professional last night, as the girlf had not seen. My favourite bit is when Leon brings the piggy out of the kitchen, it's cute.

I think it's a movie EVERYONE should watch

Do you see?

plus Natalie Portman is well fit in it :huh:

I don't think Looper was a bad movie at all .

*** Spoiler Alert below ****

What I can't figure out is how come the boy still has the bullet wound at the end of the film and yet Emily Blunt's fatal bullet wound is erased once Levitt kills himself and erases Bruce from existence ?

Savile Approved

I love Leon. And in fairness Natalie Portman appears to not so much have aged, as been enlarged. She looks the same from Leon through Heat to Star Wars Prequels and Black Swan. It's like they put her in a photocopier and blew her up.

*** Spoiler Alert in white ink below ****

what I can't figure out is how come the boy still has the bullet wound at the end of the film and yet Emily Blunt's fatal bullet wound is erased once Levitt kills himself and erases Bruce from existence ?

I may be wrong but I don't believe she was actually shot . Young Joe sees her being shot ( a premonition based on what old Joe has told him )and the realises the disastrous consequences that her death would lead to, so Kills himself before she is shot .

I watched a few of the docu's on the DVD after, and Portman rightly points out that her transition from child to adult actor was a very smooth one as her first role in Leon was, practically, that of an adult. Unlike all those suicidal junkie thieving child actors who have a very tough time making the step into adulthood, even if they're not acting much.

Just for Tony

MV5BMTM1MDcxNDI0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI2NDkxNA@@._V1._SX640_SY435_.jpg

I can't get that to work , brings up a new window type thingy but nothing loads

maybe someone else other than me clicked the link and killed the interweb ?

I may be wrong but I don't believe she was actually shot . Young Joe sees her being shot ( a premonition based on what old Joe has told him )and the realises the disastrous consequences that her death would lead to, so Kills himself before she is shot .

ohhh get you with your fancy spoiler stuff :-)

crash is an awful, awful film. you can see the mechanics at work. look! look! look how relevant this is! here is some highly manipulative music just incase you didn't get the point! oh, isn't LA so fascinating and multicultural and troubled? oh, don't worry, we'll spell it out via heavy handed dialogue.

"It's the sense of touch. In any real city, you walk, you know? You brush past people, people bump into you. In L.A., nobody touches you. We're always behind this metal and glass. I think we miss that touch so much, that we crash into each other, just so we can feel something."

yawn.

brokeback mountain was by far the best film that year.

Agree with every word of this post.

Agree with every word of this post.

I could reel off 5 better films than crash that year without even thinking about it that hard. Enternal Sunshine of a spotless mind, Howl's moving castle, Anchorman, Shaun of the dead, and Kung Fu Hustle.

What happened to the Paul Haggis that used to write the brilliant Due South? It's like he completely lost his sense of humour.

Â