The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The other was a British film called Never Let Me Go. I'll admit I only watched initially cuz Keira Knightley was in it but it quickly became apparent that hers was a support role. I thought the film was very good. It's a dystopian world where children are created solely to donate organs and try to live as much of a life as society will allow them to. All 3 main actors (6 if you count their younger selves) were brilliant and the director did a great job. I love stumbling across good films that I knew nothing about.

I saw that at the cinema. Harrowing stuff but I thought it was excellent.

I want to see Never Let Me Go.

It has Carey Mulligan in it. I would watch a 2 hour long film of her sat in a chair in silence.

Have you seen Shame yet Chindie? She's excellent in that (along with Fassbender).

It's about an infamous uber left-wing terrorist group that was prominent in (West) Germany during the late 70s/80s. The movie tells their story from humble beginings to terrorists and eventually their arrest. It's not heavy as one would expect from a european movie about such a subject, but plays more like a thriller, and it's very well done indeed.

Woman in black

it was ok, Radcliffe managed not to be annoying, plenty of cheap jumpy bits

the cinema was full of **** idiots though, a guy on his phone constantly telling his mates how shit it was, a woman with her kids who must have been about 4 & 6 and needed everything explained, someone who cleared their nose/throat every 10 mins and a fair few who laughed all the way through

I want to see Never Let Me Go.

It has Carey Mulligan in it. I would watch a 2 hour long film of her sat in a chair in silence.

Have you seen Shame yet Chindie? She's excellent in that (along with Fassbender).

It's on the 'When I get round to it' list. Sadly it's a long list. Even for Carey.

Watched the remake of Fright Night last night and chuffed to find it was better than I'd expected

Colin Farrell was excellent in it and even David Tennant, who normally I can't abide also chipped in with a decent character!

Funny and entertaining, with all the jumpy bits in the right places - worth a punt!

Watched X-Men: First Class on Saturday. Liked it. Fassbender and McAvoy gave good lead performances I thought. And I do like a bit of January Jones :nod:

Bored on Saturday so i watched "What Happens in vegas" because it was on Film 4.

Dont' bother. Apart from 1 or 2 mildly funny moments' it's basically crap. And the premise is ridiculous.

Also, Cameron Diaz...overrated.

Â