The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1:1 Scale Model of Villa Park in MineCraft progress

Pitch: 98%

North, Doug Ellis, & Holte End: 100% (exterior only)

Trinity Road Stand 20% (exterior only)

Ground exterior 0%

I've been meaning to ask this for ages:

I had to Google Minecraft, and I know what it is now, but... how can it be 1:1 scale? It would have to be literally the same size as the real VP. And given that it's a software construct, it isn't really to ANY scale, is it? smiley-confused004.gif

Well, I've attempted to make it as close as possible to a 1:1 scale model as I can. The scale generally accepted in Minecraft when refering to 1 block in terms of real world measurements, is that a single block (I don't know how much you looked into the game, but everything is made out of cubes) equats to 1x1x1 metres. So, I started by building the pitch to the real world size using one block as one metre. From there I built the stands around the pitch. I didn't get a measurement of the height of the North Stand, for example, and make it exactly that many metre blocks high though.

Ah OK, I gotcha.

I saw Incredibly Loud and Extremely Close yesterday, it's about this really naughty and mean kid who has autism or something I guess, and his dad dies in the twin towers on 9/11. THANKFULLY it is not a 9/11 movie (book), rather the journey of a boy attempting to extend the connection with father after his death. It's OK.

the kid seems annoying as **** to me in the trailer

cant quite figure out what it is, the kids voice, the "you rock" line, the fact that 9/11 looks shoe horned in or that it has U2 on it but it looked terrible

2212280-4f443fb27d3e6_super.jpeg

2212281-4f4407dedb408_super.jpeg

New Avengers images.

Cap looks ****' shit. His WW2 era costume is going to look better at this rate.

Hell, it already does. Looks awful.

And the Thor pic is begging to be captioned.

'So, this is hentai you speak of... oh.'

I dunno, you can pull it off, lots of films have managed it. Even the Cap film managed it.

It's just for this film they've got the design all wrong, every shot of Cap has looked... wrong. It stands out too much, looks too cartoon-y. And thats in a film featuring a bloke in a red and gold metal suit, and a giant green monster.

I agree with chindie, I think Thor doesn't look right either, don't understand why they changed it

Said it before, but Thor also looks rough. His whole look looks off though, whats going on with the hair?!

They're comic book characters - isn't it all supposed to be a bit camp?

As brilliant as the Nolan Batman films are (and they are - and they do piss all over the previous incarnations) there is something wonderful about Ahhnuld as Mr Freeze and Uma's ridiculous Poison Ivy, Carey as the Riddler. Just shockingly OTT and Camp as Butlins.

For me it is a purer interpretation of the artform than Nolan's who again EXCELLENT MOVIES aside, attempt to make real what is clearly fantastical.

Â