The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched "Girl with a dragon tattoo" yesterday and thought it was excellent. The first 30mins were hard to get through, don't know if it was because of my mood or it just completely escaped me, but soon after that i was gripped in it.

Had not read the books or seen the Swedish versions. Will the film work in the same format as the Swedish one, ie, a trilogy?

Watched "Girl with a dragon tattoo" yesterday and thought it was excellent. The first 30mins were hard to get through, don't know if it was because of my mood or it just completely escaped me, but soon after that i was gripped in it.

Had not read the books or seen the Swedish versions. Will the film work in the same format as the Swedish one, ie, a trilogy?

yes, though iirc the 2nd/3rd books are closely tied together with more reoccuring characters whereas a fair chunk of the 1st doesnt tie in to the main story arc

A few pages back someone said they'd really liked Super 8.

Personally I found it dull, derivative and completely uninspired. A two star film at best. Anyone else?

That was me, one mans trash.........

Speaking of the Girl with..., I finally watched the extended cut of the original, Swedish, film the other day.

I thought that it was inferior to the US remake in pretty much every capacity. I can't quite see how anyone thinks the opposite.

i watched kill list after some really good reviews

i dont think ive ever seen a film take such a nose dive before, starts off ok the characters are introduced and set up well, the story is set up well after the 1st couple of kills then it gets to the MP and just gets worse by the minute

the end was complete and utter bollocks

waste of a film

Watched Cell 211 last night, a quality Spanish thriller in which a Prison guard on his first day gets caught up in a riot and wakes in Cell 211. He then has to convince the prisoners, he's one of them!

10927754_det.jpg

Really decent and worth checking out (wouldn't be surprised if there was an american remake in the pipeline!!!)

Decent indeed, thanks for the shout.

When 'it' happens I shed real human tears. The lead gives a top drawer performance.

i watched kill list after some really good reviews

i dont think ive ever seen a film take such a nose dive before, starts off ok the characters are introduced and set up well, the story is set up well after the 1st couple of kills then it gets to the MP and just gets worse by the minute

the end was complete and utter bollocks

waste of a film

Pretty much my views too.

Just seemed like a complete waste of time with the ending.

Watched Cell 211 last night, a quality Spanish thriller in which a Prison guard on his first day gets caught up in a riot and wakes in Cell 211. He then has to convince the prisoners, he's one of them!

10927754_det.jpg

Really decent and worth checking out (wouldn't be surprised if there was an american remake in the pipeline!!!)

When 'it' happens I shed real human tears. The lead gives a top drawer performance.

Glad you enjoyed it too!!!!

10927754_det.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it too!!!!

I checked it out too. Decent enough, I really liked the concept and it built some good tension. Good watch. Would definitely recommend it to kill a couple of hours.

Spoilers below!!!

I was convinced his wife wasn't really going to be dead and it was going to be a lie to try and get the prisoners to let him out. Wasn't entirely convinced by the ending. Felt there should have been more to it than that.

Â