The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Encounters at the End of the World. Typical Herzogian docu, and a **** wonderful hour and a half as a result, awe inspiring stuff, and as poignant as ever.

The penguin who was just walking away from the sea and straight into the centre of Antarctica on his own :shock: WHY?

20120131224221.png

Hulk looks a bit like his classic comic iteration, Cap looks laughably shit, Thor looks ropey... hmm... :|

New trailer is getting shown tomorrow during the Superbowl, hopefully will reveal a little more of the baddies that the teaser for this trailer has a few quick shots of.

The Descendants

Clooney's career best performance

brilliant film

close to tears at the end!

Going to see this on friday, cant wait!

Watched Drive last night after hearing a few things about it on here, was not expecting much at all but my god, it was stunning. Loved everything about it, great atmosphere, loads of style, great performances, great story. One of the best films ive seen. Modern classic.

I enjoyed 'The Descendants' but for some reason it didn't quite tug at the heart strings the way I had expected it to. Certainly it is rather sad, yet I just didn't get as eomitonally involved as I thought I would. Great performance from Clooney though and the daughter in it was rather good too.

I went to see 'Chronicle' the other day and thought it was good. However, I'm in the camp that thinks it should have been shot normally. I really don't think that shooting it on a handycam added anything to the film at all and perhaps even held it back from being much better. The overall idea was good and the cast do a good job. However, I just get the feeling that it could have been a much better film. As it stands though it's basically a superhero version of 'Cloverfield' (in which the handycam footage made sense). Entertaining and refreshing, yet disappointing due to the way it was shot.

I was just about to pop in here and post them.

I agree that they do look a bit simplistic though. It's looking a bit like 'Transformers', which isn't a good thing...

Fingers crossed though that it will be entertaining.

i watched the descendants, im with briggaman, didnt really get me going i dont think it was as sad as it should have been (try telling that to the woman behind me) and for all the clooney out of his comfort zone stuff id heard during awards season, dont get me wrong he's very good in it, its still clooney playing clooney, the daughter puts in a better performance IMHO probably a 7/10, better than war horse but im still not convinced by the best picture nomination, its not that good

1st time id been to the cinema for orange wednesday in about 3 years, the descendents, the artist, the sitter, the grey and chronicle all starting within 10 mins of each other, utter chaos

also saw the new bourne trailer, im not fussed by the bourne series and this one looks more of the same, norton might make it interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw.

Looks alright. I don't think we need to see a Spider-Man origin again.

I was glad that they finally decided to do the Lizard as a villain, but it now seems they've cocked it up. The character design they've gone for is the 'man lizard' interpretation of the character, with a very human face. In fact he looks like the Goomba's from the Mario film, or Marlon Harewood. I guess they've done that because the character needs to talk and have some empathetic nature, which is difficult to put across if you go for my preferred interpretation of the character - an overgrown bi-pedal lizard in a lab coat.

Oh well.

Coming this summer.

Meh.

The recent Spiderman movies (well, 1 and 2) were a notch above the average comic book film, so I can't see this improving on them. Yes, the studio dropped the ball on the last one (which I still haven't seen the end of, the 'emo scene' a perfect excuse to throw ones hand up in disgust and walk away), and they should've let Raimi do it his way, but rebooting the series so soon? Recipe for disaster.

Is there really an appetite for it? I remember the anticipation for Spiderman and Spiderman 2, it was pretty huge, but this is in no way comparable. It reminds me of that Superman reboot a few years ago.

Â