The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched the sequel to socario with Mexican cartels. Starts well but then turns to utter shit. Avoid. 

Then I watched one called while she was out. Didn't realise kim basinger still did movies...on this showing she should stay retired.   Dreadful film.

I managed to finally get on Logan. It was ok but think abit over rated

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Throwing it out there - sophie turner hasnt got the chops for dark phoenix

She doesn't. I don't think she's that good of an actress in truth.

She also won't be helped by the fact this film is almost certainly going to be shite in every way. The Fox X-Men series will be going out with a splat.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

New Hellboy movie with David Harbour delayed from Jan 11, 2019 to April 12, 2019.

Might finally be a trailer out next week thou.

With that film I don't think a delay is a bad thing. I'm desperate for more Hellboy and I'm down for a more authentic to Mignola's original work version, but I'd rather they took their time and polish it than push for a fast release. It'll be DOA in that case for certain.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

With that film I don't think a delay is a bad thing. I'm desperate for more Hellboy and I'm down for a more authentic to Mignola's original work version, but I'd rather they took their time and polish it than push for a fast release. It'll be DOA in that case for certain.

Full article, doesn't really go into detail, but anyway.

If you’ve been sitting at home thinking, “Man, it’s weird that there hasn’t been a ‘Hellboy’ trailer since the film is coming out in January!” then your concern has been deemed warranted. According to THR, “Hellboy,” which has only had one official marketing image, has been pushed back from the January 11, 2019 release date to April 12, 2019. And regarding that trailer, we might be in luck next week at New York Comic-Con.

But what does this mean for the upcoming “Hellboy” reboot? Is it in trouble? Is there behind-the-scenes drama that’s preventing it from being released?

Sadly, there doesn’t seem to be any answers, but the delay could be seen as potentially positive news. January has typically been seen as a time when studios schedule films they don’t have much faith in. Obviously, in recent years, the months of January and February have been pretty profitable for some breakout hits. However, a move to April, putting it in direct competition with some big films, could be seen as Summit Entertainment being very proud of the film and wants to take advantage of the spring box office.

If the April 12 release date sticks, and there’s no reason to doubt it will, that means the David Harbour-starring “Hellboy” reboot will debut only one week after WB/DC’s Shazam!” Not only that, the film will now compete directly with Robert Downey, Jr.’s “The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle.” Obviously, ‘Doctor Doolittle’ and “Hellboy” won’t be targeting the same audiences, but there’s only so much box office money out there to make.

The more pessimistic point of view could show that Summit was just more worried about the upcoming Holiday season spilling over into the new year and wanted “Hellboy” out of the path of destruction. We’ve mentioned this numerous times before but December 21 will perhaps be the most interesting box office day of the year, as “Aquaman,” “Bumblebee,” “Mortal Engines,” and “Alita: Battle Angel” all debut in theaters. Adding to that whirlwind of blockbusters is “Mary Poppins Returns,” hitting theaters just two days before on December 19. When you factor in the inevitable Holiday season box office surprise film, normally an Oscar contender that overperforms, there’s a strong possibility that the January box office is going to be filled with major films scooping up every last dollar.

TL;DR — “Hellboy” hits theaters on April 12, 2019 and we really have no reason to believe it’s a positive thing or a terrible decision. Just show us the damn trailer already!

https://theplaylist.net/hellboy-delayed-april-2019-20180926/

Edited by sne

On 27/09/2018 at 06:50, Demitri_C said:

Stallones coming to the end of his career he needs to start trying something new

Well there's always centre back for Villa. 

• Haha 2

On 27/09/2018 at 22:03, sharkyvilla said:

Just watched Jurassic Park again.  The T-rex attack is the best scene in cinema history, fact.

It's up there alright. Gotta go with Kunis & Portman bedroom scene in Black Swan though. 

• Haha 2

Well, Hold The Dark is a bit **** grim.

Its not as good as it thinks it is but it’s still a bloody good film. Dark, miserable and visceral but you can’t stop watching. A little bit too self indulgent at times script wise but it just about stays on the right side of pretentiousness. Some tense as **** scenes. 

I didn’t much like Green Room, I loved Blue Ruin and I overall loved this movie as well. Can’t wait for his episodes of True Detective now!

• Like 1

Â