The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Robert Downey Jr as Iron Man is just so cringe and not funny (even though it really tries to be) the whole series is shite. 

Yep.

Probably my least favourite Marvel character.

Every **** sentence is a "joke". None of them are funny.

I loved the Avengers, but hated his part in it.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I've never understood what people dislike about the first Cap, it's a top half film for me. Boys own adventure with a Saturday afternoon feel, a good origin of a very good character. It's biggest flaw is they didn't put enough action sequences in it. But otherwise it's one of the best I think.

It's really really boring.

Each to their own. I really like the Cap films, it's the strongest 'series' in the MCU. The first is a really good origin story with heart and great period atmosphere.

As for Stark, I never got the impression he's meant to be that funny. He has some funny lines, but I always felt the quippy style was meant to be his hiding vulnerabilities, rather than trying to make the audience laugh. He's a arrogant bastard that is aware he's flawed, so makes light of everything to divert attention. You aren't supposed to be laughing at everything he says. They play with that a little in Civil War, where his making light of stuff starts to have barbs to them.

But again, it isn't for everyone.

Sorry, I forgot I'm a fanboy. You're all stupid and wrong and smell and don't get it cos it's too smart for you.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

Probably my least favourite Marvel character.

Every **** sentence is a "joke". None of them are funny.

I loved the Avengers, but hated his part in it.

See I think the opposite, I think captain America is quite a boring and to the book charterer. I think iron man is entertaining at the least although granted sometimes they do go over the top with his jokes.

I think Downey Jr plays the role well.  

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

See I think the opposite, I think captain America is quite a boring and to the book charterer. I think iron man is entertaining at the least although granted sometimes they do go over the top with his jokes.

I think Downey Jr plays the role well.  

He plays the role well.

Unfortunately the role is shit. Mainly for the jokes aimed at 5 year olds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He plays the role well.

Some of it is rather cheesy I find the Marvel films to be unlike the TV shows which are darker, the movies are different. Not sure why that is.

I noticed you watched harold and kumar absolute classic. i love the first and second have watched them so many times

A harold and kumar christmas though was absolutely dreadful.  

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Some of it is rather cheesy I find the Marvel films to be unlike the TV shows which are darker, the movies are different. Not sure why that is.

I noticed you watched harold and kumar absolute classic. i love the first and second have watched them so many times

A harold and kumar christmas though was absolutely dreadful.  

Funnily enough I've never seen the second one or the christmas one!

Love the first one though.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Funnily enough I've never seen the second one or the christmas one!

Love the first one though.

Harold and Kumar escape rom Guantanamo is a masterpiece!

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He plays the role well.

Savage. RDJ will be crying himself to sleep tonight,

I do agree tbh.

Edited by AVFCDAN

31 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I have to admit, the cock meat sandwich is hilarious.

Spoiler

The part where he wipes his arse with the fifth amendment 

Goldstein replies "dude dont you wipe" with the skidmarks on the paper :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Black panther is up there with the best (marvel) for me. I can see it developing into a great addition. It is definitely hyped for obvious reasons and I'm sure will suffer for some because of that. But as an introduction to his character it is one of the best they've done.

For what it's worth, I thought the CA the first avenger was ok, until I watched agent carter and winter soldier and it really holds itself up to be better. I think sometimes people have an issue with individual movies but need to look at the bigger picture and how they play in to the universe as a whole.

• Like 1

And released on Netflix in most places, because the studio got cold feet.  Not out for another couple of weeks though :(

Garland's a talented bloke. If nothing else he gave us a great Dredd movie and followed it with a fantastic piece of sci fi in Ex Machina.

• Like 1

Black Panther was really good.

I saw it at the Everyman in the Mailbox. I liked the decor and  atmosphere in there, the settee's are pretty cool too. The screen is nowhere near big enough though and the sound is ropey. 

Currently watching Brent: Life on the Road. I’m tempted to switch it off as it’s just a really nasty film. Brent is supposed to be laughed at in a gentle way as a comedy character not just horribly bullied and harassed into despair, depression and loneliness. It’s just a horrible film. Not nice at all. Brent is supposed to be the tosspot but he’s the most human and genuine in this film despite his annoying flaws, everyone else is there just to be a word removed to him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

And released on Netflix in most places, because the studio got cold feet.  Not out for another couple of weeks though :(

Garland's a talented bloke. If nothing else he gave us a great Dredd movie and followed it with a fantastic piece of sci fi in Ex Machina.

They didn’t get cold feet as such, they have massive massive debts and have sold off the rights in a lot of territories to Netflix for a handful of films (the latest Cloverfield being one of them) to try and stop their losses. Annihilation is still coming out in cinemas in some countries I think.

Â