The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched Invictus the other night and after getting slaughtered for liking 'Law Abiding Citizen' I really don't know what to say about this film. Should I be pre-warned before I mention the word 'good'?

I watched Invictus the other night and after getting slaughtered for liking 'Law Abiding Citizen' I really don't know what to say about this film. Should I be pre-warned before I mention the word 'good'?

I don't think anyone would slaughter you for liking 'Invictus'. I actually thought it was very good myself. I feel I would have liked it that bit more though if I actually liked rugby (which I don't). Freeman and Damon are cracking in it though. Certainly worth a watch.

On another not, am I the only one that really dislikes Gerard Butler and Sam Worthington? The two muppets seem to be in everything lately and they can't act one bit. Not sure what people like in them. Perhaps the big ugly oaf look is in right now....

In fairness, there are some inventive scenes in LAC. I shouldn't be too critical of it as I really enjoyed the film Taken, which had just as many plot holes tbh. Mindless action films do have entertainment value it has to be said.

Mulholland Drive - 7/10, Very hard to rate a film that's brilliant in places with David Lynch doing bizzarre, creepy suspense to a T but is just so hard to get through. Like Inland Empire the unfolding of the story is an agonising experience and i'm not sure the ending quite fulfills the viewers need for clarity. That said, Naomi Watts and Laura Harring get it on, twice and Naomi once on her own. And speaking of Naomi Watts, she is brilliant in this.

It's odd as i would have given it 6/10 last night after i finished watching it but am creeping towards an 8 or 9 now, it really is brilliant in places and stands out from the norm.

Amazing film. Went right in in my top 10 when I watched it, and indeed having 2 very hot leading ladies that get it on helps.

As does the fact the film forces you to think.

After just watching The Lovely Bones I would recommend anyone who has read the book to not bother seeing it.

Never read the book, and to be honest being a parent I found the whole subject unappealing but the mrs wanted to watch it.

6 out of 10.

Amazing film. Went right in in my top 10 when I watched it, and indeed having 2 very hot leading ladies that get it on helps.

As does the fact the film forces you to think.

as films go it's off it's head ...i felt more baffled than Gabby having his shoulders rubbed by Ash after watching it ...

the "crying" scene sung in Spanish was very good , one of those scenes that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up

watching Monsters Inc for the first time at the moment courtesy of Megavideo. On a timeout at the moment - boo sucks - but it's ace. Pixar are greats

Pixar are indeed great.

Watched UP on blu-ray the other day, another 5 star film after the brilliant Wall-E. I think i prefered UP between the two.

Â