The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

5 hours ago, choffer said:

Somewhat surprised that Civil War is getting such mixed reviews. Saw it at IMAX today and thought it was great. Not perfect by any means but a thoughtful film with some really good set pieces. 

I watched it yesterday and really liked it

• Like 1

ef96c050f9fe21caff65c908471385d83fc0992d

Yannick (Quentin Dupieux) - Very entertaining film, enjoyed it

b6f9e62da8f9454169ee4e6ed5b7c2185f8b95b5

Heaven Is Still Far Away (Ryūsuke Hamaguchi) - Interesting idea for a film, pretty good

5 hours ago, sne said:

Anyone seen this yet? Trailer looks promising and David Dastmalchian is usually good.

Yes. Saw it at the flicks last week.

Very good indeed I think you'll enjoy it.

It comes onto Shudder as of tomorrow iirc.

• Like 1

Saw this earlier...

spacer.png

Terrific slice of entertainment. Tightly written, with never a dull moment and some superbly choreographed ott violence. Great cast with standouts from young Alisha Weir as the titular character and Dan Stevens as a slimy kidnapper.

Good fun.

• Like 1

Coen esque noir farce. Would advise just going in knowing nothing other than if you're a fan of Fargo you'll more than likely enjoy it rather than watching the trailer which spoils a bit of the plot.

MV5BMmE4MWE4ZTgtYzEzNi00OTQ4LThjZGQtZDgy

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rebel Moon pt 2. Muscly men harvesting grain with a scythe in slow motion to epic music. Oh yeah that's what people want.

Dear lord this is a bad movie.

• Like 2

Not often I take in 3 films in a week but this is one of them - in order and the 2nd two coming off recent recommendations here so thanks for those 

The Holdovers

Late night with the devil

Laroy Texas 

Definitely best to worst but I enjoyed all of them - Civil War up next I think 

• Like 1

Just reading an article about a film with Matt Damon and Casey Affleck. A heist movie apparently, in their words, "Influenced by Midnight Run and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I loved Midnight Run, a proper 80s flick.very funny in it's day.

Watched the 2nd Rebel Moon movie just to see how bad it was. Even worse than the first one which is a sort of achievement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/04/2024 at 12:38, sheepyvillian said:

Just reading an article about a film with Matt Damon and Casey Affleck. A heist movie apparently, in their words, "Influenced by Midnight Run and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I loved Midnight Run, a proper 80s flick.very funny in it's day.

Midnight Run is very funny in this day 👍👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Midnight Run is very funny in this day 👍👍

I think it was the first time RD did straight comedy. I know he did King of Comedy but that was rather dark, whereas, MR was funny all the way through. 

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I think it was the first time RD did straight comedy. I know he did King of Comedy but that was rather dark, whereas, MR was funny all the way through. 

Charles Grodin never got the credit he deserved throughout his whole career 

King of Comedy is a gem. Great Robbie Robertson soundtrack 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

AKA Infested. An excellent French language 'creature feature'.

Imagine REC but with spiders instead of infected humans and you'll get a good idea of what to expect.

Good creepy fun.

Edited by Designer1
Added trailer.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Maestro. Strange film. I mean, I know Leonard Bernstein was an oddball, but Bradley Cooper played him as a weird amalgam of Liberace and Barry Manilow. With the voice of Prince - sorry - King Charles. And his biggest hit (West Side Story) was only mentioned once, in passing, right near the end. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 28/10/2023 at 17:57, theboyangel said:

It’s got a decent review in Empire (subjective to the reviewer but a good indicator nonetheless!) 

I don’t think Fassbender has been in anything for a few years now so good to see him back. 

I'm a big fan of Fassbender. 

• Like 1

Â