The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

labyrinth.jpg

:thumb:

Never gets old!

On reflection as an adult, that scene where Sarah falls down the hole of hands is just plain dodgy. In no uncertain terms, a bunch of people were being paid to grope Jennifer Connelly.

**** dream job! :shock:

fanboys - was ok but probably depends on how much you like SW

Watched this myself, quite a good movie actually and im not a star wars fan.

I thought Kristen Bell looked very hot in that movie, i didnt actually recognise her at first.

I watched that the other week, and didn't think it was amazing by any stretch of the imagination. I am actually a SW fan (not anywhere near the extent of the characters though) as well. Some nice cameos (particularly Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes), but other than that, pretty meh.

As mentioned though the Kirsten Bell / Liea thing was an added bonus.

Agreed, but i think i liked the actors more than the characters if that makes any sense.

Seth Rogen cameo was good, and i do like Jay Baruchel from knocked up and shes out of your league etc..

Labyrinth is easily one of my all time top 10 favourite films. As a youngster, I was absolutely terrified of it but now I just think its awesome and the only thing that scares me now is Le Bulge de la Bowie.

314886_1255954488656_full.jpg

Assuming you have put in the groundwork and watched the first 5 series, then X-Files - Fight the Future is a brilliant film. Got panned at the time but on reflection I think its just misunderstand, I do not think they could have made it any better personally, it caters to fans and non fans quite successfully and leads perfectly into series 6.

The last film that came out however, 'I want to Believe' is strictly for fans I think :P

The last film that came out however, 'I want to Believe' is strictly for fans I think :P

Yeh pretty much. It was literally just a normal episode. Or wouldve been if it wasnt for the fact the series had already ended how ever many years before. I enjoyed the little snippets of info about what happened after the series, Mulder and Scully being together and that...

Still think the proposed 'end game' movie is required to finish the series off though. I wanna see Mulder kick some alien butt

Assuming you have put in the groundwork and watched the first 5 series, then X-Files - Fight the Future is a brilliant film

*snip*

it caters to fans and non fans quite successfully

So as long as you've put in the groundwork and watched the first 5 seasons, it caters to fans and non fans?

I'm confused!

Yeah im not sure what i was trying to say, youll appreciate it a lot more if youve watched regularly but you will still enjoy it if you havent. Wasnt the best wording.

Just seen Shutter Island for the first time - what an excellently made film, can't fault it and for ages whilst I was intrigued, my enjoyment and appreciation of the film only really began in the final 10-20min.

Just seen Shutter Island for the first time - what an excellently made film, can't fault it and for ages whilst I was intrigued, my enjoyment and appreciation of the film only really began in the final 10-20min.

I love the ending to it. Finishes it off just perfectly.

In the past week I have watched:

Network.

The Producers.

Super.

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (70's one.)

All very enjoyable. Network was probably the best of the lot though, the I'm as mad as hell scene is brilliant! As for the producers, I liked it but I felt Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles are far superior by Brooks.

Super is another superhero film, having a similar concept to Kick Ass. Hasn't seemed to have had much publicity though but it was just as enjoyable to watch.

The first is fantastic. I still liked the second one even tho reviews aren"t Ireat. It does crowbar in a pointless cameo and it's generally a bit of a mess, but still worth a watch.

Â