The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Fantastic:

51UwBbzoyPL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:nod:

I recommended it a few pages back, it's a beauty isn't it?

Was sure I'd seen it mentioned before - no surprises it was you. :winkold:

Quite beautiful film.

Saw The Chaser today, stunning film. Secret Sunshine is another film I loved, disturb me for a while. Peppermint Candy wasn't to bad. Waiting to watch Eastern Promise and that should finish my film watching for the week.

zodiac-directors-cut.jpg

Rewatched this again the other night - such a good film, can't recommend it enough.

Hoping to watch Rescue Dawn soon, have heard only good things and know a bit about the actual events it portrays so looking forward to it.

I watched Zodiac not long ago, it is a very good film but the ending just left me very unsatisfied. Im all for open endings but the way it was done just left me thinking, 'Well, what was the bloody point of that then'?

Went to see the boy wizards new film tonight, mostly awesome but very anti climactic and rushed at the end. A certain new teaser trailer beforehand made my go a bit batty. Was awesome.

Saw Stranger than Fiction the other night as well, really enjoyed it but again, the ending made the whole premise of the film seem completely stupid. Ferrell was good in it aswell. Worth a watch despite the ending ruining the plot.

I watched Zodiac not long ago, it is a very good film but the ending just left me very unsatisfied. Im all for open endings but the way it was done just left me thinking, 'Well, what was the bloody point of that then'?

Went to see the boy wizards new film tonight, mostly awesome but very anti climactic and rushed at the end. A certain new teaser trailer beforehand made my go a bit batty. Was awesome.

Saw Stranger than Fiction the other night as well, really enjoyed it but again, the ending made the whole premise of the film seem completely stupid. Ferrell was good in it aswell. Worth a watch despite the ending ruining the plot.

As it's based on a true story and they never got the killer or really knew who it was I can't see how they could've done anything but what they did. :? I thought it was rather good, albeit a bit too slow.

Watched The Shining for the very first time tonight (yeah I know, not the only 'essential' film I haven't seen yet either :shock:), just wow. Didn't even know Scatman Crothers was in it!

jazz.gif

i liked that film , knew nothing about it when i watched so was pleasantly surprised ... made me fall in love with Maggie Gyllenhall I thought she was just so perfect

will have to dig it out and give it another viewing sometime

Â