The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Downfall - (Der Untergang) Traudl Junge, the final secretary for Adolf Hitler, tells of the Nazi dictator's final days in his Berlin bunker at the end of WWII.

I wonder is that the most viewed film in part based on all the lame subtitle edits of the war room scene?

Anyways, mentioned it before but just got round to finishing it and Korean film, I Saw The Devil, is awesome.

Oh crap. Just been inundated with a whole heap of new films to watch. Got to love birthdays.

My haul:

41YkDMorxGL._SS500_.jpg

51Cx-V87zlL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

51UwBbzoyPL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51G1YAM9TBL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51IUpnxk5DL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

41XFG0BVXHL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

5120BN19F0L._SL500_SL135_.jpg

512ACDTdTrL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51QGF7P66ZL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51mJtxmM5KL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51BcTcYPs4L._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51VG797A4BL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

41hfi3intYL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51EN11M6ZQL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

51S7iVIDeeL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

(guessing this slightly random list puts me largely in the pretentious a-hole category ;) )

I saw The King's speech yesterday. It was brilliant. Loved it. The acting between Firth andRush was superb. The only thing I didn't really like was Timothy Spalls roll as Churchill. I normally like Spall, but this time I think he over acted. It felt more like he made fun of Chruchill then trying to be him. But that didn't take away much from the film itself.

Does anyone know how accurate the film is?

Have to say that UK have many brilliant actors.

finally got round to watching Mike Leigh's Another Year last night.....

what a superb film and definately up there with his best film Secrets and Lies for me...

he really is the master of dialogue driven movies.....

2 hours long and i was totally gripped

tell-no-one-ne-le-dis-a-personne-poster-0.jpg

Saw it last night - fantastic! Best film I've seen in a while. The story is paced at a pretty incredible speed, twisting this way and that, and a very satisfying ending. Not that it wasn't without it's flaws (soundtrack was pretty dire (U2...)), but I enjoyed it immensely. It's kind of like a 6 part drama/mystery/crime thriller you might watch on TV squished into 2 hours.

X Men : First Class

Film title should be changed to Sucks Ass

5/10 it would have been 1 out of 10 but it gets an extra 3 points because Michael Fassbender is awesome in it and another point because Ironside play's a cameo as well and he is also awesome

Wasn't the slightest bit impressed by some of the lame mutants Screamer Boy and Fairy girl were just stupid could they have not thought of any better mutants the comic's were full of them

Best part of the movie was when they both walk into the bar to recruit wolverine and he just says "Go **** yourself" that made me lol

What the hell was kevin bacon in it for as well? Such a wierd role for him to play he would probably be the last person on earth i'd think of to play a crazy nazi bent on world domination

tumblr_kpco27QBp01qzn6rlo1_500.png

Thanks to any and all that recommended Brick earlier in the thread. Watched it tonight, very good. :thumb:

Nice little gem that one. I may have to get that out tonight and give it another watch as it's been far too long.

Brick. Joseph Gordon-Levitt <3 Raging bone on for him, I'm not ashamed to say. I recommened all his films, but specifically Manic and Mysterious Skin

Not sure if I have ever recommended it in here before but Che (part one and two) are both worth a watch. Just watched them again last night and thought I would throw that out there. There are some great shots in the film and Benicio Del Toro is great in it. It is rather long but stick with it and it is well worth the time

beautifully shot and a brilliant performance from Del Toro. A great actor and think woefully underrated

Tommy Boy is on SkyMovies Comedy tonight at 11:25 !! A freaking comedy classic with the late Chris Farley and David Spade! "Fat guy in a little coat......" If you haven't seen Tommy Boy it's a MUST!

i really like this film but I really dont like David Spade

Red cliff 1 & 2. Amazing films if you've got enough time for them

moved a bit too far away from the book IMO and the 2nd one was hard work watching them back to back, i picked up the single edition but ive never got round to watching it, same with Ip man too

Brick. Joseph Gordon-Levitt <3 Raging bone on for him, I'm not ashamed to say. I recommened all his films, but specifically Manic and Mysterious Skin

Wasn't a massive fan of brick to be honest.

Thought he was really good in 500 days of summer though.

Â