The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Re-watched The Babadook over the weekend, having picked it up on DVD to take to a friend's house to watch; they like horror films but have seemingly no ability to discern the good from the shite, the last two films we've had to watch at their behest being The Fourth Kind and As Above So Below (which I suppose is horrifying in a way, come to think it).  Anywho, Babadook was just as much fun second time round, so happy days.

Also watched that The Borderlands a few weeks ago off the back of this thread, I don't normally go in for the found footage shtick but it was superbly done and the ending was terrific, though the wife did manage to remove some of the tension by pointing out that the main bloke was the Hudzen 10 from Red Dwarf.

hudzen_4.jpg

• Like 1

I still can't bring myself to watch The Babadook. It's been on the coffee table for a week now and I just know it's going to freak me out. I'm a grown man in his 40's but I'm too scared to watch a movie because it'll give me nightmares. What a plum!

I still can't bring myself to watch The Babadook. It's been on the coffee table for a week now and I just know it's going to freak me out. I'm a grown man in his 40's but I'm too scared to watch a movie because it'll give me nightmares. What a plum!

Seems eminently sensible to me. Why would you want to watch something that will give you nightmares? Watching a film as some sort of test of manhood seems the sort of thing that teenagers do.

Seems eminently sensible to me. Why would you want to watch something that will give you nightmares? Watching a film as some sort of test of manhood seems the sort of thing that teenagers do.

Ah but if that were the only reason to watch it, I'd not have bothered. I guess it's a sense of intrigue. I love all kinds of films and so many people have said that this is such a good one that I'd like to see why. The only problem is that it's a genre that I don't normally do (for good reason) but I'm still interested to see why so many think it's a good film.

^That.  It's really great at slowly ramping up the tension, but in terms of nightmarish-level scares I'd say there's only one particular scene.  Without wanting to give away anything, by the time the ending comes around it's just a well-executed, brilliantly told story.

Number 2 of the trilogy done. I actually preferred this to the 1st

before%20sunset.jpg

Hopefully watch the final one tonight

• Like 3

Watched Big Game over the weekend..........................WTF was Samuel L Jackson thinking?

Have you seen most of the crap he is in? Dont know how he gets away from the abuse Nicholas Cage gets for making so much shit

Re-watched The Babadook over the weekend, having picked it up on DVD to take to a friend's house to watch; they like horror films but have seemingly no ability to discern the good from the shite, the last two films we've had to watch at their behest being The Fourth Kind and As Above So Below (which I suppose is horrifying in a way, come to think it).  Anywho, Babadook was just as much fun second time round, so happy days.

Also watched that The Borderlands a few weeks ago off the back of this thread, I don't normally go in for the found footage shtick but it was superbly done and the ending was terrific, though the wife did manage to remove some of the tension by pointing out that the main bloke was the Hudzen 10 from Red Dwarf.

hudzen_4.jpg

The borderlands is decent. The Sacrement directed by Ti West is another decent found footage film you might like. Slightly different tone and based loosely on the true story of the Jonestown massacre which makes the impact even more shocking.

I like Ti West he's made some cracking low budget horrors.

• Like 1

I appreciated what he was going for with house of the devil but I thought it was a bit of a let down, as was innkeepers. I like that west tries to go for the stories rather than scares but his films just lack that something for me. For me it may be the lack of creepiness with his ghost stories. Innkeepers had a cool story but wasn't creepy or scary in the slightest.

I may be being a little unfair, I don't know, I just can't put my finger on it with ti west films.

Edited by Ingram85

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â