The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched John Favreau's Chef last night (it was either that or Sin City 2 and as it was Valentines Day, we opted for the comedy!)

It was fairly decent, albeit formulaic and predictable. However, the soundtrack was incredible (Quantic, Hot 8 Brass Band, Rebirth Brass Band, El Michels Affair)

transcendence 

think my biggest problem was even before i put it on i thought it would be shit and i never quite shook that feeling, probably because to be fair it is pretty shit

closest depp has come to doing a "normal" role in ages and its rubbish

Reds & Blues  (2008)

Most enjoyable film i have watched in ages,had me crying with laughter at times.It is about neighbours who are football fanatics and support Everton  and Liverpool . The film goes to show just how serious us football fanatics can become and how daft we can be I would imagine most oh here would enjoy watching this 

A  9/10 for me 

Wyrmwood

Watched it last night and was quite impressed. Its certainly not a genre changer but its nice to see a no bullshit zombie film.For what appeared a low budget film it hit the right marks. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the director because if he gets some decent cash for his next film it could be very interesting.

If you like B movies this is definitely worth a watch.

7.5/10

Not on UK Netflix :-(

It is very easy to access US Netflix from here mate.

Yes and no.

I've paid for unblock.us many times and cancelled it many times. My BT router doesn't allow custom DNS so I'm down to only being able to access via the browser as I can't change DNS easily on my Chromecast or BT vision box, and the PS3 is a right pain for switching DNS backwards and forwards. Haven't tried the Wii U yet.

Coupled with that, every time I've used the US Netflix I find more missing than I actually gain, so I always end up switching backwards and forwards anyway. Gave up in the end.

http://youtu.be/4zBlG8Lv01k

Directed by Guillermo del Toro and featuring a great cast including Tom Hiddleston and Mia Wasikowska.

Trailer looks promising, some of his usual (del Toro's) usual visual flourishes already evident.

I might even forgive him for the awful Pacific Rim :)

• Like 1

Not on UK Netflix :-(

It is very easy to access US Netflix from here mate.

Yes and no.

I've paid for unblock.us many times and cancelled it many times. My BT router doesn't allow custom DNS so I'm down to only being able to access via the browser as I can't change DNS easily on my Chromecast or BT vision box, and the PS3 is a right pain for switching DNS backwards and forwards. Haven't tried the Wii U yet.

Coupled with that, every time I've used the US Netflix I find more missing than I actually gain, so I always end up switching backwards and forwards anyway. Gave up in the end.

Ah fair enough . I just watch it on my tablet using a free VPN app. A lot of the US stuff is hidden in the back catalogues btw.

transcendence 

think my biggest problem was even before i put it on i thought it would be shit and i never quite shook that feeling, probably because to be fair it is pretty shit

closest depp has come to doing a "normal" role in ages and its rubbish

Know what you mean, I think I turned it off after about 30minutes. Was shite.

Really don't get Depp, obviously a good actor, just chooses terrible roles in awful films. 

If he picked his films more carefully he could be so much better. Needs to take a leaf out of Mathew Mcconaughey's book... 

Â