The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Also American Sniper,Whiplash, The Gambler and Big Hero 6 have found there way onto the net :P

Whiplash is an awesome film :thumb:

I had a feeling Miles Teller was going to make it big, he has an effortless charm about him (and now i sound like a 13year old school girl)

• Like 1

Inglorious Basterds was on Film4 again last night.  I've seen it a fair few times now but I still feel compelled to watch.  I think it's down to the performance from Christoph Waltz (genius!). 

• Like 1

Inglorious Basterds was on Film4 again last night.  I've seen it a fair few times now but I still feel compelled to watch.  I think it's down to the performance from Christoph Waltz (genius!). 

Totally agree, its so hard not to get pulled in.

Its my favourite Tarantino film.

Annabel totes shit ...Hollywood churning out grade a shite at the minute

Yeah, really shit. Worst film I've seen in 2014.

What were you expecting re: Annabel?

Watch Dead Silence for a better version of that film or alternatively watch the Babadook for a recent horror film done right for once.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Big Hero 6 is a really enjoyable flick, I nearly turned off after about twenty minutes but it improves and  the dialogue's a bit corny at times but probably normal for the type of film that it is. But if you like action movies should be good, In many ways it reminded me of Terminator 2.

*Emphasis on the first and last sentences.

Edited by useless

Apparently people are getting death threats and all sorts for criticising American Sniper. Chris Kyle is a heroic figure in the eyes of evangelical 'merica, it seems.

This situation sums up where we are right now in the United States. There are those of us who are repulsed by his glee in killing "savages" and who think that a film celebrating him is racist pro military state propaganda, and those that think he's a hero "defending our freedom", and that those critical of Kyle and the film should be shot as well. One look at Twitter and you heart sinks. 

American Sniper, Good film however could of ended in a better way.

I imagine that's more the fault of the truth, isn't it?

I watched it, too, and thought it was a decent enough film (I thought it was a step up from Cooper). Reading about Chris Kyle's story afterwards made me wonder, though, especially watching the film in the shadow of yesterday's events.

Nothing to do with the truth, If you've seen it you'l know exactly what i mean without me giving any spoilers away. 

The events that happened when the movie ends is just as important as the events when he is on tour. 

Think its the first time I've watched a true story and had to google what happened in the end.

I thought this was the official 'VT greatest film of all time' award winner anyway?

Both Shane Meadows and Paddy Considine are local lads too, well, at least to me. Meadows is from Uttoxeter and Considine is from Burton. Nice to know the Midlands is still producing the talent ;)

Edited by Ginko

The scene in the bar with Fassbender is fantastic. 

• Like 2

Â