The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Borderlands is a reasonably interesting British horror movie. Worth a watch for the acting alone.

It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it makes a good stab at turning its back on the typical genre fodder of our time. It builds the characters up to a point where you genuinely care what happens to them, which makes the tense ending all the more satisfying.

It didn't scare me as such, but I felt my pulse quicken during the "reveal".

A solid 7/10

• Like 2

Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Thought it was a really good flick. Much better than the first, which I also thought was decent.

Prisoners - Damn, what an intense movie! Superb performances from everyone involved, obviously the stand-outs being Jackman and Gyllenhaal. Great direction and cinematography add to the suspense and dread of the film. Top notch.

Watched a couple of films I'd not seen before last night, as they were on TV.

War Horse - Horse runs about a bit, has a few laughs, runs away to join the army or something. But meh.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - A man and his monkey go on a picnic. Pretty good.

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night. - How much fun was that!!! 100% start to finish entertainment and had me laughing more than once. Film of the year for me. Wish I'd seen it in Imax instead of Interstellar  :rolleyes:

More films should be like this. I know it's an odd movie to compare it to but True Lies was the same mix of laughs and entertainment with no chance of it taking itself seriously. 

• Like 4

War Horse - Horse runs about a bit, has a few laughs, runs away to join the army or something. But meh.

somewhere between the lad going full retard in a devon accent shouting "you're my horse joey and i loves you" and the misplaced humour elements i thought it was one of the most disappointing films in recent years, it was that bad it put me off going to see the stage show

• Like 1

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night. - How much fun was that!!! 100% start to finish entertainment and had me laughing more than once. Film of the year for me. Wish I'd seen it in Imax instead of Interstellar  :rolleyes:

More films should be like this. I know it's an odd movie to compare it to but True Lies was the same mix of laughs and entertainment with no chance of it taking itself seriously. 

Both my kids love it and have now watched twice in the last 3-4 days, I found it all a little bit meh.

Homefront - Staham kicking the shit out of everyone as usual, however a notch up from his standard of movie. I thought it was pretty decent!

Snatch - a classic! Guy Ritchie's career high. 

Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Complete shite. I quite like Chris Pratt so he bumps it up from a 4/10 to a 5/10. Really don't get what the fuss is about with this film. Just more superhero twaddle....

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Thought it was a really good flick. Much better than the first, which I also thought was decent.

Prisoners - Damn, what an intense movie! Superb performances from everyone involved, obviously the stand-outs being Jackman and Gyllenhaal. Great direction and cinematography add to the suspense and dread of the film. Top notch.

Watched the first Hunger Games this weekend. I liked it. Read a little about what Catching Fire is about and I have to see it soon.

Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Complete shite. I quite like Chris Pratt so he bumps it up from a 4/10 to a 5/10. Really don't get what the fuss is about with this film. Just more superhero twaddle....

It was okay for the first hour. A solid 6/10 semi serious sci fi. After that it turned into a joke. To have a sci fi film that we was lead to believe was for adults then disrespect any sensible grown adult with that stupid dance at the end (you know which one) was bordering on outrageous. How any grown adult can laugh at this film either is beyond me.

3/10.

<sips tea>

Edited by donnie

I don't agree with Donnie's tone there :D

But I do agree with the dance being awful 

crrrrrriiiiiinnnnnngggggge (as the yoof would say)

Edited by Stevo985

Â