The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Captain Phillips : good and Hanks is excellent, though I suspect the fact this was a true story made it more interesting than the details of the narrative alone portrayed. Funny to realise half the crew in real life are suing him/ the company for gross negligence!

But as said, Hanks is very good.

• Like 1

Some superhero films are fine, some are really awfull. Probably what most thinks about the last one I watched:

Indeed, same can be said of basically every type of film really.

I don't think anything gets more criticism than superhero films and Michael Bay. But they keep making money and, clearly, have a large audience so they're not going to stop.

I honestly cannot believe i wasted 3 hours of my life watching what was basically a children's cartoon on crack.

unobtainium? Really? Did James Cameron ever get bored when he was spending half a BILLION dollars on that film?

Bad day on films for me today.

Three Muskateers 2011 - I've always liked the story of the Muskateers (going back to Dogtaignon the cartoon). This wasn't a good version, the acting on a whole is pretty poor, they over use "bullet time" filming and they have big airships. Real let down. The clevages on show are nice and Mila Jov' looks lovely as ever but those perks don't save the film

Some superhero films are fine, some are really awfull. Probably what most thinks about the last one I watched:

Indeed, same can be said of basically every type of film really.

I don't think anything gets more criticism than superhero films and Michael Bay. But they keep making money and, clearly, have a large audience so they're not going to stop.

Children are a huge market for movie makers.

Charade (1963)  Must admit when i saw that Cary Grant was in this i did not fancy watching it at all. I never enjoyed watching any of his films when i was a kid,but had no choice as my parents loved his films..So i did not expect to enjoy watching this, To my surprise i actually really enjoyed it.Good story line,not as predictable as i thought Worth watching 

• Like 1

Â