The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Robocop and LEGO movie yesterday.

Thought all the old Robocop stuff was awful personally and went into this expected a poor movie, but it surprised me. It wasn't a great movie by any means, but it wasn't as over the top stupid as I thought and I quite enjoyed it to be honest. 7/10.

LEGO movie was brilliant. There was enough bits of sarcastic type humour in there for the adults to make it not a kids movie and even the silliness was fun. Really, really liked it. Awesome movie.

Got home and watched The Counselor, well and hour or so of it anyway. Turned it off it was so poor, really not interested in watching Javier Bardem and Michael Fassbender talk about sex for the first hour of a movie, really, really poor. 2.5/10 for what I saw.

Wasn't the whole point of the original Robocop to be a stupid over the top satirical sci fi comedy, though? The idea of a reboot of that, but being all serious, is one of the least appealing things I can think of.

Excited for Lego Movie!

• Like 1

Watched Rush yesterday, thought it was excellent, especially as it was a Richie Cunningham movie. I'd score it at 8/10

Also watched In A World this morning which was dull, not offensive but just a yawntastic storyline, I even fell asleep for about 20 mins in the middle and don't think it affected my understanding of anything 3/10.

I've been to work, done my chores and have the rest of the day to dedicate to watching stuff. not sure what yet though...

Just went to see the Lego Movie. Fantastic, really had me laughing and it was the kind of film which is fun for kids whilst being aimed squarely at adult lego enthusiasts past or present.

Wonderful stuff. Saw WoWS last week and that was outstanding. That Lemmon scene..

Just watched prisoners and found it very gripping. Outstanding acting by Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Paul Dano made this film a thoroughly good watch. 8.1 on IMDB which is what I would give it too.

Watching this tonight!!!! Great to hear another decent endorsement!

Â