World of Warcraft

The_Rev

The funny thing is all the retired and ex players who I started my guild with are returning. Theres guys logging in with l70 characters, others rerolling new ones, and online on sunday morning, there were at least 4 of the original 10 guild charter signing actually logged on and playing. The easy familiarity of guild chat is just great - its so nice to catch up with a whole bunch of people you spent hours playing with!

I am going throughthe levels with someone from work as well, so the questing isn't dull, and doing a lot more questing than grinding as Itended to do originally, my 35 lock now has more/better rep than any of my other toons.

Having had such a long break from the game, knowing people, and doing the game with someone, its actually nearly as much fun as when I first rolled, in some ways more. Ok, not got the sence of "wonderment" you get from seeing areas for the first time, but knowing I will be seeing some for the last, before the big "change" makes it oddly emotional......

Spent from 7:00 am to 10:00pm sunday on this, with 4 h off to go to work. A couple of other 10 hour shifts have gone in too. Theres so manyhorde on the sever though, that STV isn't the gankfest I remember of old, AH prices have gone a bit silly, theres not so much levelling stuff buy (although anything reasonable sells!), but all in all, am really enjoying it.

Plan on 80 by Christmas.

When does the current arena season end?

October 12th/13th, so we should have 4.0.1 on the 20th in Europe, probably.

I'm not really looking forward to it after playing on the PTR, the damage is ludicrous. As a mage my HP is about 25k. And on the PTR, a pyroblast crits for roughly 65-75k. Even Scorch crits for 25k.

Cataclysm is looking to be very good indeed, but for 6 weeks or so, battlegrounds and raids are going to be too absurd to bother with. Though we've had ICC for 10 month now, so it's not a huge problem.

It happened when Vanilla became TBC. It happened when TBC became WotLK. The month when you get new talents are not supposed to be balanced for PvP. No doubt people will whine like **** on the forums, but the new changes are for the new game. I havent seen a pyroblast crit for 65k on the PTR, I have seen a level 85 mage in questing blue gear with 85,000 hitpoints though.

Maintenance on US servers has been extended, so there is a small possibility that the patch may go live this week.

I thought the arena season had already ended....

Whatever the case, I just can't wait until the full expansion is released on the 7th of December. The weird thing is that it is the date I received my transplant. It's a sign! :D

If I knew that Nays, Si, Dan, Bicks, Sam, Limpid and Sie etc were all coming back, I think I'd think about returning too.

I'd completely forgotten Bicks had played during the early months. He had a Tauren Hunter iirc.

Oh, and as I've said I won't be back this time as I've deleted all three of my 80's - they were last seen running around Orgri naked after I vendored all their gear :) Plus, I'm well into my LOTRO which will probably last until the Star Wars MMORPG or Guild Wars II come out.

If I knew that Nays, Si, Dan, Bicks, Sam, Limpid and Sie etc were all coming back, I think I'd think about returning too.

This is pretty much my stance too.

For me, return to WoW would absolutely have to include the social, casual aspect we used to enjoy. The game on its own doesn't appeal to me any more.

I might even take a peek at LOTRO in the near future because playing EVE isn't something that takes all my spare time up and pretty soon, I won't have to pay real money for my internet spaceship account.

I wish I still had all my old WoW screenshots. They are on an IDE hard drive which is in a half disassembled PC that is currently in my attic. I should get a caddy I guess.

Only 2 I can find at short notice.

wowscrnshot062307155532bp6.th.jpg

hideandseekyn3.th.jpg

Sorry about the size, it's late.

And hi lads.

Having just read the 4.0.1 patch notes, I'd be lying if I said my interest in Cataclysm hadn't just piqued. There's some interesting mechanical changes heading to the game that I hadn't even heard about. Plus, once Cataclysm goes lives, pretty much most of WoW at that point will be brand new to me save for the first half of the Burning Crusade expansion areas (I quit well before WotLK got released). That's an awful lot of new game world to explore. Blizzard dumbing down and constantly adding to the old mechanics (to the point where the game was collapsing under it's own weight) was a shite approach but now that they're re-engineering everything to freshen it all up, a casual return to Azeroth is playing on my mind.

WoW 4.0.1 Patch Notes

Edit: A return with a brand new class and character I might add. I can't imagine anything more pointless than to start playing again with my Warlock/Rogue. Where's the fun in that...

(its in killing people much much lower level that me who can't fight back)

From the official forums in the US over patch 4.0.1:

- Paladins are in tears over having to think instead of mash buttons

- Mages and Rogues are currently 1 shotting people in BG's

- Resto Druids are up in arms about the loss of tree form

- Warlocks want their original names for their pets back and have too much bag space now that soul shards are stored elsewhere.

- Water looks real purdy, apparently.

- Paladins are in tears over having to think instead of mash buttons

Paladins have been broken for a long time with regards to the Ret spec and dps. No wonder people are moaning about it in all fairness. Ret Palas were only ever op for a few months and then went back to being average. Funny when people say that Palas have always been op and make out that other classes are more difficult to play.

Every other class only requires you to mash buttons so why should Palas be any different?!

I have just been on the WoW US forums and it is as I feared. The talent trees seem to have been messed up, as the new ones are too simple and dumb down the game. There appear to be many other issues too. Early days though to be honest and it is funny seeing all of the whining going on, such as: "I know how to cancel my Cata order".

I won't be cancelling mine and am sure most of the people won't. Blizz make solid games and I am sure that this will come good, even if there are issues right now. It is early days...

Will give it a go tonight when I get in from work anyway, being that the European realms will be offline until lunchtime.

From the official forums in the US over patch 4.0.1:

Rogues are currently 1 shotting people in BG's

No suprise/change there then,Even when i rerolled Warrior from my Warlock rogues were retarded.

Blizzard will always fanboi that class up.

I left WoW about 7-8 months back but couldn't resist taking a look today at the new talents. I've decided to play around with my disc priest again, albeit very casually. One of the most interesting changes in the expansion is the change in mechanics to disc priests, it's a bit crazy.

It's seems possible and Blizz's intention that Disc can be a viable dps and healing spec, a bit of an all rounder in certain occassions, obviously it will never be able to do good sustained dps but the change from just staring at raid frames, bashing grid is quite welcome. I just did a few random heroics and spammed smite the entire way through, crit healing party members for about 7-8k when my smites hit the target.

I found a vid here, sort of explaining it

There's a glyph that simply gives you the 18% hit needed, quite looking forward to trying stuff out a bit more.

It's seems possible and Blizz's intention that Disc can be a viable dps and healing spec

I've never heard a better sentence describing how badly Blizzard **** up this game.

Hmmmm, things are actually a bit of a mess. The lack of any balance in pvp is rather shocking. Sure, things were never 100% balanced, however they weren't too bad. Now the balance is shocking as it doesn't even exist....

I'm sure (and am hoping) it will be fixed though. They are doing hot fixes throughout the night, so who knows.

Â