World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Hey less of that, Alliance ftw!

I do honestly believe I wouldn't have managed that and I would have quit in no time. I've also noticed there's an automatic quest add on when you play now so I just stick to that. I heard in the ancient times it was co-ordinates. Jesus. It makes me wonder though how guys like you get as much credit as an average guy like me who's leveled to 40 in no time.

I think you would've managed just fine back then. Sure, it took a lot longer to level but that was time a player spent learning the game. And with that came a real and rich sense of an epic journey, something that the casual nature of the game now has kinda obliterated or at least severely diminished. I remember vividly anticipating my standard mount at level 40 and when I got it, it was like Christmas come early.

And of course, in those early days, levelling was a significant part of the experience rather than the inconvenience it is treated as these days.

Having said all that though, if Blizzard decided to create vanilla WoW servers, I wouldn't return. Attempting to recreate the glory days documentation in this massive VT thread would be futile. That and I've no time to ever play WoW like I used to. It's nice to reminisce about it though every once in a while.

shaeally2vn.png

Spotted in Booty Bay once.

Remember when Shammies were overpowered? The Alliance couldnt be Shamen at the time, so they did the next best thing and named a guild in their honour.

Warlocks were mages that delved too deeply into the roots of demonic power. Consumed by a lust for dark knowledge, they've tapped into chaotic magic from beyond the world. The Burning Legion now feeds them its powers, allowing them to channel destructive energies and call upon the powerful emissaries of their demon masters.

The Warlock is a more involved class to play. Warlocks have pets, many different spell combos, and a reagent component requirement for some of their spells. This means that it will take a bit more learning than some of the more straightforward classes. The Warlock has a lot of very cool and fun abilities including Eye of Kilrogg, Fear, Pets, and more. The Warlock is a very fun class to play once you figure things out.

Indeed we are. Observe this screenshot:

missedzep8hf.jpg

Hahahahahaha!!!

December 2005. My favourite thing to do while waiting for the zeppelin. Duel a lowbie on the zep tower, have it so he cant kill you and just tank his damage until you see the zeppelin making its approach to the tower. Then chain fear him so he is running around in circles while you fly away to the next zone. :)

Mr Cliff Walker, welcome to Level 60:

shaboom9kw.jpg

I love fighting him now. If im lucky with him not running ot of nuke range when feared,

i can take him out without getting hit so much as once.

Its Cliff Walker! :hooray:

Best night of PvP ever?

Me, Dan & Tarj vs loads of Alliance. And we won. And how we won! Some poofy level 56 warrior has done away with the myth that warriors are the only people on the game who had a proper hardcore blokey set-to. He just tried to charge stun Horde when the bruisers were killing his target. What a poof. An embarrasment to his class.

gadgetzankickass4lw.th.jpg

Still, the Fear > Nuke thing, and the powers of Dan and Tarj helped the lad have the shit kicked out of him repeatedly. 5-2 was my score against him at least. I dont know whether you can do this Tarj, or if its Lock specific, or even if i just got very lucky tonight, but if you fear and Ally on a Mount, you can blow the shit out of him with Nuke attacks, and he will just take the damage and stay feared. And i guess if he did fall off, he would be stunned, wouldnt he?

FOR THE HORDE!

Nice screenie of me in action, what was said in party chat though that has since been blurred?

And oh sweet jesus!

doomguard2mj.th.jpg

Doomguard!!

This one was a wild one. I was going to farm Shards in The Hinterlands, and i just thought id Curse of Doom something, now i have my shiny new level 60 spell. And this fella appeared! No Soulshards means i cant tame him, so i tried to pull him into Orgrimmar. I got him from the Zep Tower to the gate with use of ?Banish, but the guards jumped him and took the aggro off of me. Then he was kicking the shit out of the guards and some lowbie Druid started healing the Guards. When the Druid was out of mana, the Doomguard (and the Druid would have just seen it as a level ?? Demon) decided to kill the Druid. And he did. Ho Ho!

By now, quite a crowd had gathered, and Mr Doomguard was killed by the Horde...

The funniest thing about that screenshot isn't the Doomguard nailing everyone in sight

It's the fact that Ikails has just joined Perfect Dark X. It just goes from bad to worse.

For those who don't know who Ikails is, he's on par with Splatter as the biggest retard to ever grace Deathwing. If you thought Epicnemisis was bad when it comes to asking for stuff, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Shame those screenshots are broken. :(

Few nice screenies from today...

Festive fun with a 'partner'...

xmas4pg.th.jpg

Just thought this was a nice shot...

beautiful4oc.th.jpg

How big? :shock:

massivedragon4yn.th.jpg

And this last one was a classic. I was wondering through some of the areas I hadnt fully unlocked and came across two low lvl Hunters. Feeling in the Xmas mood i decided to say hello as oppose to wiping the floor with them. I started to ride off after pleasantries had been exchanged and I see the Hunters Mark on me! Then a concussion shot hits me so I quickly dismounted and killed them both in about 3 hits. :twisted:

Some people are just **** dumb.

deadidiots6me.th.jpg

Boxing day 2005.

waitingfortram7iy.th.jpg

Sie, Dan, Me, Gelham (my imp) waiting for the train from Ironforge to Stormwind City. Oh, and the gyppo on the bench asked for spare change. He had to die..

January 2006. Staying up until 5am playing...

An Orc and an Undead are talking in a pub in Brill.

Orc: So, where you going on holiday this year?

Undead: Amsterdam.

Orc: Oh right, why's that then?

Undead: For the whores!

I'll get me cloak.

:lol:

An Orc and an Undead are talking in a pub in Brill.

Orc: So, where you going on holiday this year?

Undead: Amsterdam.

Orc: Oh right, why's that then?

Undead: For the whores!

I'll get me cloak.

:lol:

Oh dear god. :D

I reckon once everyone is 60 (its getting close) we will be able to walk places like Dire Maul. Last nights venture into DM East proved that we all seem to know exactly what were doing now and if it wasnt for the soppy Warrior leaving to go to the pub :winkold: we would have cleared the whole instance. The next few weeks should be very interesting.

dm9kk.th.jpg

Arcasis!

One of the best things about being a Warlock, is that you can be evil to fellow Horde players for comedy purposes.

Making random people miss the Zep with seduce and fear is great (mages can do it too with Sheep and Frost Nova) but here is the latest episode in the "nayson kills someone with a summon" chronicles.

evilthingsivedone2rn.th.jpg

Sorry Dan!

Yes! I knew I'd find it if I looked for long enough. Jan 2006, page 134 of this thread. Dan drowns. :D

I hope one of you gets to answer me on this regarding Cataclysm, whether you've got the add on or not will EVERYTHING still have changed? I mean I don't know if any of you guys have started as a human before but take this for example;

and you're see the whole zone's been revamped/damaged etc which we all knew. But if I haven't got Cata will it still be like that?

Probably. There has never been an expansion like it before, in the old expansions the game just made new areas where players who hadnt bought it couldnt go, this one everything changes. I cant see how they would do it without changing zones for everybody. You wont be able to go to the Goblin or Worgen zones though.

Loved the old days. The combination of WoW being a new game, and not being used to online gaming made exploration and levelling up such a brilliant experience. Going through all the different areas with Dan, Tarj, Si, Sie, Bicks, Nays, Sam and Limpid (have I forgotten anybody) was great. I still remember vividily the first time entering just about every area. Badlands for example, which for a L30ish Horde was quite a difficult place to get to.

Then when we all dinged 60, and got very very good at it, and started kicking ass in Molten Core and BWL was good fun as well. Geing on the first Dashers kill was probably my high point in the game. The expansions were fun as well for a while, but never quite hit the same heights.

Â