World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Only ever got mine to lvl 21 iirc, so didn't really get to try the AoE stuff, although even at that level it looked like a decent grinding spec. Found it too un-involving after Isdead/Sculli (thats a personal opinion) so never bothered taking it further. Still can't work battle.net ! Can we re-run ZF ?

Lol, do you always post a post and then edit it?

Sometimes, usually when I mistype or the puppy sits on the keyboard and loses 1/2 my post. Why are you so angry with me ?

I dont play anymore so no point knowing my b.net account.

Ps... Get out whilst you still can!

I did J, trying not to get back in at the moment. Terrible addictive. moving house/getting new job and a dog have helped though :-)

Regarding Priests from 10-20 I just found it far too hard for me, mana breaks pretty much every kill, weaker attacks. But I didn't really give it a chance. I always thought the priest was never designed to solo all the way from 1-80 and beyond.

With the Paladin you can wear mail/plate, wield strong attack weapons and heal at the same time. There's also immunity shields, divine protection which halves damage dealt by half, BoW, BoM and BoK which comes handy in groups and purify/cleanse. I just fell straight in love with it because it does what I want it to. Looking on the WoW forums though people say that and DK's are the easiest and that's what I needed as a first char! Once I've leveled him up to say 80 with the heirlooms I guess I will focus on something not so popular.

Can't do AoE either because I'm not a Protection...

Let me guess, you play wish-I-had-rolled-a-Warrior spec? 8)

Retribution Paladins have always been something of a black sheep in the game. They will always have low damage compared to the other damage classes because of the immense survivability they get just by being a Paladin. Okay, they wont outlast a Prot or Holy Paladin, but even with their basic abilities that arent beefed up by talents they still have three lives with the bubble and Lay on Hands. As a result, the only way to balance them and allow them to do damage is to make them incredibly "bursty" seeing them do a load of damage in a very short space of time, but then do little more than auto attack while they wait for all of their abilities to cool down.

I dont know how much things have changed, its been ages since I played, but whenever you grouped with a Paladin only to find out he was a Retardin you would always have a little groan as the player had decided against being a first rate tank or healer in order to be a third rate DPS class.

If you are bored with the Paladin, why not try Prot or Holy spec? You will get a **** load of offers for dungeon runs if you are willing to tank or heal, and if you can tank then you can AOE grind which almost certainly means you will be able to level up faster.

That doesn't matter now though. Have you used the latest dungeon finder tool lately? I don't understand why people would moan and groan at me if I put my name down for a DPS rather than a tank, and a few times now I have done the recount and I have always come in 2nd or 3rd place with most damage.

That doesn't matter now though. Have you used the latest dungeon finder tool lately? I don't understand why people would moan and groan at me if I put my name down for a DPS rather than a tank, and a few times now I have done the recount and I have always come in 2nd or 3rd place with most damage.

As Sonof has hinted at already, Ret is a decent dps spec for a poor dps class - unfortunately, in the same way that warriors/bears rae, the shortage of tanking classes always leads to complaints if you don't/can't/won't tank. That part of the game hasn't changed at all. The Dungeon Finder is ok, but still too many idiots getting you saved to unfinishable instances.

This is in no way a critcism of Lo...Palladins. :winkold:

If you come third, you come last. A five man group is generally made up of a tank, a healer and three DPS.

The point we are getting further and further away from is that you claim you are bored of the character and my suggestion that a respec might give you a new lease of life. Paladins are excellent tanks and running around with a load of things trying to kill you and failing can be great fun.

and it certainly made the XP come in thick and fast.

You seem kinda committed to a Ret spec too and I wonder why because you said this is the reason you picked Pally:

With the Paladin you can wear mail/plate, wield strong attack weapons and heal at the same time. There's also immunity shields, divine protection which halves damage dealt by half, BoW, BoM and BoK which comes handy in groups and purify/cleanse.

They seem to be the buffing and healing aspects of the Paladin class, not the running around with a gigantic hammer and hoping that Seal of Command crits spec.

I have been specced Ret all along with my Pala and enjoy it big time. I usually come in the top three in a 25-man raid. It's not that we have poor dps either. It's just that I have learnt how to play my class and know the best rotations and which button to hit when. It's great fun and isn't too difficult to learn in all honesty.

I do have Holy as offspec, however I have rarely used it.

Play whatever you enjoy and sod what other people think. If you are in a guild in which they make you change, then just leave. Have been in my current guild for around two years now (well it was renamed) and they let me play what I enjoy. Saying that, they probably wouldn't if my dps was poor...

I recently took a break for a few months though and am now quite far behind the others gear wise. Figured I will level some alts and wait for Cata now.

Things must have changed from the time when I quit, because at that time Retri pallies had had all sorts of buffs and were probably the most insane damage dealers in the game, certainly in PvP. This was after they'd nefred Death Knights from being unkillable one shotters.

• 2 weeks later...
Total Time played 174 days, 12 hours , 9 minutes.

31 days, 8 hours, 16 minutes @80.

Oh dear,

You should calculate how much money you've paid in subscription fees over the years!

Then sob uncontrollably.

Think of all the money he's saved by not going out and meeting real people. Not to mention the money saved on deodorant and soap!

This right here is the real value in Warcraft.

Think of all the money he's saved by not going out and meeting real people. Not to mention the money saved on deodorant and soap!

This right here is the real value in Warcraft.

This. Etc. :-)

Â