World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Agree with all that Tarj. There was that night me you and Ed (I think) tried to kill an alliance flight path bloke, who one shotted all of us. Have never laughed so hard in a game ever.

All that stuff that made the game really great is long gone now. It can still be quite fun to play, but that feeling from playing the Classic game can neve be recreated.

10 hours ago, Risso said:

Agree with all that Tarj. There was that night me you and Ed (I think) tried to kill an alliance flight path bloke, who one shotted all of us. Have never laughed so hard in a game ever.

All that stuff that made the game really great is long gone now. It can still be quite fun to play, but that feeling from playing the Classic game can neve be recreated.

Yep. I think all that roaming, trying stupid stuff that never was intended to be possible, was what made it so magical. I can't even recall all of it because the game was so big. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where did that crazy Irish guy go? Was he called Jay or something?

I got a notification on snap the other day that Dan added me (Gone). Talk about long time no see. Wonder if he's still with that Norwegian girl. That was some random shit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/05/2021 at 09:22, KenjiOgiwara said:

Where did that crazy Irish guy go? Was he called Jay or something?

I got a notification on snap the other day that Dan added me (Gone). Talk about long time no see. Wonder if he's still with that Norwegian girl. That was some random shit.

Yep, they're still together, living in Leeds (I think) and expecting a baby.

Human.   They are ten miles or so north of Leeds in Harrogate, which is Dan's home town.  They had lived in Manchester for several years before moving back to Harrogate. 

On 08/06/2021 at 23:11, The_Rev said:

Yeah, but I don’t think that’s anything to do with Dan getting Mugs up the duff. 

Dunno about that, I think there's a good chance our latest (#5 by the way, you're well behind now!) was as a result of the 7-2 against Liverpool!

Tapping out at 3 is enough for me.  I was 38 when then little ‘un was born so I hope she’s either thick or pretty when she grows up so I don’t have to finance her though university.  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/06/2021 at 14:18, Risso said:

Dunno about that, I think there's a good chance our latest (#5 by the way, you're well behind now!) was as a result of the 7-2 against Liverpool!

5???? You live in Ireland or something?

Some led in your pencil.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, **** these scumbags. I regret every penny I ever gave them.

22cd3c99d68058b9247d17fda594b7ec.jpg

Since news broke last week of widespread allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination at Activision Blizzard via a legal complaint from the state of California, many top male developers there, both current and former, have responded with shock and dismay.

But while many claim they weren’t aware of the problematic “frat boy culture” leading to accusations of sexual harassment and assault at the hands of male Blizzard employees, comments and images shared on social media paint a different picture. Based on photographs and screenshots of Facebook posts obtained by Kotaku, it’s clear that people beyond Alex Afrasiabi—the man named in the lawsuit, and a long-time World of Warcraft developer—were aware of the “Cosby Suite” mentioned in the lawsuit. That was apparently a nickname for Afrasiabi’s BlizzCon 2013 hotel room, and seemingly a reference to the name of previously convicted rapist Bill Cosby.

Afrasiabi worked on World of Warcraft beginning in 2004, designed some of its biggest quests, and eventually became a creative director on the 2016 Legion and 2018 Battle for Azeroth expansions. He is also the only person, outside of Blizzard President J. Allen Brack, outright named in the lawsuit—a fact that’s made it easy for many to try and distance themselves from Afrasiabi’s actions.

“During a company event (an annual convention called Blizz Con [sic]) Afrasiabi would hit on female employees, telling him [sic] he wanted to marry them, attempting to kiss them, and putting his arms around them,” the complaint reads. “This was in plain view of other male employees, including supervisors, who had to intervene and pull him off female employees. Afrasiabi was so known to engage in harassment of females that his suite was nicknamed the ‘Crosby Suite’ [sic] after alleged rapist Bill Crosby [sic].”

But the “Cosby Suite” was more than just a nickname or a joke. Based on images and comments Afrasiabi posted on his Facebook supplied to Kotaku by a former developer at Blizzard, it was reportedly a booze-filled meeting place where many, including Afrasiabi, would pose with an actual portrait of Bill Cosby while smiling. It was also a hot spot for informal networking at BlizzCon, three sources told Kotaku, where people looking to make inroads at the company would go to meet and hang out with some of its top designers.

Afrasiabi did not respond to Kotaku by press time, and has deleted most of his social media presence. But Afrasiabi can clearly be seen in a number of pictures, surrounded by a variety of unidentified people sitting on a bed. The captions on the screenshots suggest the album hails from gatherings held for BlizzCon 2013, in a hotel room that was repeatedly referred to as the “Cosby Suite” in comments. The captions and comments are both written by and refer by name to other Blizzard employees, the pictures show. One ex-Blizzard source familiar with the people presented in the pictures identified an HR representative as one of the Blizzard employees present in the hotel room.

Another image from the same Facebook album shows a screenshot of a 2013 group chat called the “BlizzCon Cosby Crew.” In it, former Blizzard designer David Kosak writes, “I am gathering the hot chixx for the Coz.”

“Bring em,” replies Afrasiabi. “You can’t marry ALL of them Alex,” Kosak writes. “I can, I’m middle eastern,” responds Afrasiabi. Jesse McCree, currently a lead game designer at Blizzard, then writes, “You misspelled ****.”

Cory Stockton, currently a lead game designer at Blizzard, and Greg Street, former Blizzard developer currently working on a new MMO at Riot Games, were also present in the chat. The chat was provided as a series of screenshots depicting a wide array of Facebook posts by Afrasiabi, all under a 2013 photo album. The album contained a picture exclusively dedicated to the amount of alcohol procured in “preparation” for the Cosby suite, according to the captions. The album showcases the large, framed Cosby photo from a variety of angles, held by a number of different people.

I'm heartbroken to know some of my favourite gaming experiences were made by sexual predators, who thought it was all one big joke. 

• 2 years later...
Â