World of Warcraft

The_Rev

This is why....

wowscrnshot031606164900.png

One of my old screenshots of me doing Zul'gurub as you can see we are killen Hakkar.Note the guild chat one of my old guildies was Sha a supporter,Also note Gerty(guildie rogue) turning into a giant tiger which for me was the first time i ever saw that musta been a few months after ZG opened looking at my gear.

Well, started about 9:45 this am. And my new Lock is about to ding 12. Have had an hour off for lunch...

And we're into "Barrens chat".....

"Where's Mankrik's wife?!"

Give it a day or two and you should be ready for "Where's the carrot?" fun!

Weeks of practising and wiping on bosses just never happened in WOTLK, where all the bosses were an absolute piece of piss.

At what point did you stop raiding? I can only assume you didn't do much beyond Naxx, because if you're telling me you did Mimiron (Firefighter), Yogg 0, Lich King Heroic, without weeks of wipes, well, you've started doing them after they were nerfed. They're up there with the hardest bosses the game's had. Many others that were pretty damn tough, but not quite up there with those 3; Freya, Anub Arak, Sindragosa. The hard mode concept has been a success in my view.

Tier 7, on the other hand, was a complete piss-take, and the devs have acknowledged as much.

This is why....

wowscrnshot031606164900.png

One of my old screenshots of me doing Zul'gurub as you can see we are killen Hakkar.Note the guild chat one of my old guildies was Sha a supporter,Also note Gerty(guildie rogue) turning into a giant tiger which for me was the first time i ever saw that musta been a few months after ZG opened looking at my gear.

ZOMG Clicker! :D

Wasnt that Tiger a proc from the swords Hakkar dropped? I vaguely remember the rogues in our guild talking about them when we went through there.

I think Zul Gurub was my favourite instance to farm. I really enjoyed the vibe in that place. The boss fights were fun, the trash was nice and varied and the loot was fairly decent too. I got the 5/5 Zul Gurub set which included that mad hard to obtain trinket which was massively disappointing when I finally got it. I got the enchants on two or three different sets of gear too. ZG was one of the few places I got exalted rep

The Hakkar trinket was way overpowered for DPS casters though. Again, I remember all the Mages and Warlocks in the group having the heart of Hakkar as their absolute #1 thing they wanted out of the place, whereas the melee and healing versions of the trinket were a bit "meh".

He does. Mankrik gets a promotion to being an elite mob, he builds a shrine to his wife which becomes a quest hub in The Barrens for new players levelling up.

Think I'm going to stop playing until Cata convinces me otherwise. You lot must have had so much more fun playing together and that helped you keep levelling! I've gone from 1-70 on my own questing, dungeoning and a tiny bit of PvP as I only just discovered it! Main reason I wanted to get to 80 was for the heirlooms and raids I guess. Those 10 levels feel like they will take forever so whenever the hell Cata is going to be released I'll probably be back then. I imagine the Ret Pally's are gonna get nerf'd to hell too...

ZOMG Clicker! Very Happy

Wasnt that Tiger a proc from the swords Hakkar dropped? I vaguely remember the rogues in our guild talking about them when we went through there.

I think Zul Gurub was my favourite instance to farm. I really enjoyed the vibe in that place. The boss fights were fun, the trash was nice and varied and the loot was fairly decent too. I got the 5/5 Zul Gurub set which included that mad hard to obtain trinket which was massively disappointing when I finally got it. I got the enchants on two or three different sets of gear too. ZG was one of the few places I got exalted rep

The Hakkar trinket was way overpowered for DPS casters though. Again, I remember all the Mages and Warlocks in the group having the heart of Hakkar as their absolute #1 thing they wanted out of the place, whereas the melee and healing versions of the trinket were a bit "meh".

Yer ZG was pro,And i only clicked things not on the main hotbar.Never did get my wand from Hakkar which i never even saw drop once after alot of runs,The tiger pro daggers were from the panther boss and the tiger boss.

Another reason why Gnome Warlocks rule the world.

wowscrnshot090106214348.jpg

Us in aq40 later on killen the twin emps(i used to tank the left one :P)dunno why i took a screenshot for.

I wish I still had all my old WoW screenshots. They are on an IDE hard drive which is in a half disassembled PC that is currently in my attic. I should get a caddy I guess.

Earliest SS ive got, wasnt actually taken by me though, I'm Ravi. Think this was the only time I ever killed this huy too, he was BM :(

165.jpg

Used to have a great community on Burning Steppes, Horde outnumbered Alliance badly but the Alliance that were there were generaly much better geared/skilled than us, so most World PvP went either way.

Shame the game went to sheet as soon as I hit 70 and the real grind started.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played for months...

When is 4.0.1 released EU and what does it change?

Is 4.0.3 the big one that is out 7th December or earlier without the new level cap etc? I remember for WOTLK the big update with achievements etc came out a week or two before as people were doing 'For the Horde' at 70...

Aye, cant see myself getting this either. It would be cool to do it, but I'll be lying to myself if I thought it would be as fun as vanilla, or the TBC or WotLK launches. The group of people I played with have broken up and they made the game fun. Anyway, the patch notes:

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 4.0.1

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

General

Copied Test Realm characters are not copied with their achievement history in order to better facilitate the character copy process.

Classes: General

Many class talents, spells, and abilities have been overhauled, added, or removed.

All spell and ability tooltips will now display damage averages rather than minimum and maximum damage potential. This feature is on by default but can be changed via the Display settings under User Interface options.

Ammo has been removed from the game.

The character levels at which classes gain new spells and abilities have changed.

Many item and class stats have been changed or removed.

Rage has been normalized.

Spells and abilities no longer have multiple ranks and now scale with character level.

Talent trees have been altered. All player talent specializations have been reset, allowing for free re-specialization.

Each specialization has been reduced to a 31-point talent tree.

Players will now get a total of 41 talent points to spend.

Players will be asked to choose a specialization at level 10. Doing so will result in the unlocking of a spell or ability unique to that specialization, as well as one or more passive bonuses.

Once a talent specialization has been chosen, players may only place points in the primary tree until at least 31 points have been spent there.

The initial announcement regarding these talent tree changes can be found on our Cataclysm forum: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25626290449&sid=1

Death Knights

A dedicated tanking tree (Blood) has been implemented.

The effects of Blood Presence and Frost Presence have been exchanged.

The way in which runes recharge has changed.

Druids

A new Eclipse mechanic has been added for druids.

Hunters

Five pets can now be stored with the hunter at all times. Any one of these five pets can be summoned via the Call Pet ability.

Focus has replaced mana as a new resource.

Hunters now start with a pet at level 1.

The Stable will now store 20 pets. If a pet is moved into the Stable, its talents are wiped.

Mages

There is now a new spell fly-out UI feature for mage portals. Clicking on the Teleport or Portal buttons will expand the list of choices available.

Paladins

Paladins now have a new resource bar.

Warlocks

There is now a new spell fly-out UI feature for warlock pets. Clicking on this single button will open up the list of available pets to summon.

Soul Shards have been removed from the game as items. Instead, they now exist as a resource system necessary for using, or altering the mechanics of certain spells.

Items

Resilience no longer reduces the chance a player will be critically hit by an opponent.

Durability: cloth, leather, and mail now have as many points of durability as plate, making the repair cost on death much closer to equal for all classes.

Professions

The glyph system has been updated to now feature three different types of glyphs. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.

User Interface

Spell Alerts have been added to notify players when procs on select spells and abilities occur. A visual notification will display around the character and the activated ability will be highlighted on the action bar.

The Arena Teams pane has been improved.

The Character pane has been redesigned. Character stats can now be shown or hidden via the Show All Details/Hide All Details button on the bottom left. When shown, all character stats will be visible in a window to the right of the pane. Stat sections can be reorganized by clicking and dragging them up or down the pane.

The Professions panes now have more filtering and search functionality, as well as buttons to easily link recipes in the chat frame.

A Professions screen has been added to the Spellbook to better display the details of a character's primary and secondary professions.

Many of the yellow System Messages that would display in the chat frame when leveling up have been removed.

New text animations now alert players as they level up, also providing information on when new talents, spells and abilities are available.

Professions and Class Trainers windows have been altered to more clearly display available and upcoming purchases.

New Raid frames are now. They can also be used in place of the standard 5-player party interface via the User Interface options.

The Spellbook interface has been improved for greater ease-of-use and visual appeal.

For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros Forum: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?sid=1&forumId=11114

So it's like every other patch. New talents and some UI changes for a month or so. Might be a good time to level up a couple of alts to 30 or 40 if you can put the time in.

When it will hit? Well, who knows? Last time it was a week or two after the final arena season ended. When does the current arena season end?

Â