World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Yeah, that's the problem when they put out a patch two months before the expansion goes live. The new talents and coefficients are designed around level 85 players with 100,000 hit points, but Blizzard are asking people to have a (borderline) unplayable game for the next two subscription periods. It's a difficult ask.

Not sure if it's unplayable (mages aside - they need nerfing over the next 2 months) but it is a total re-learn of your class. Well... most classes. Some simply didn't change their playstyle at all.

There is never a good time to force that on everybody - but if you had a choice it would be just before an expansion.

I might have to check out the forums again then. The number of "Nerf Rock! Paper is fine, signed Scissors" posts is likely to go through the roof over the next few days. :lol:

Most tears about the changes are from Paladins. They have changed from a "punch it when off cooldown and fill every GCD" class to a more RNG/proc class where their abilities now have a priority rather than a set rotation.

Outside that, it's just usual patch fair: Whining, pets missing/renamed, whinging, graphical glitches, QQ, addons not working, tears, enchants/gems missing or replaced, raging, imbalanced abilities, ranting.

I like what they are doing. All for the better, imo.

Not quite sure how you can only mention Paladins when it comes to issues. Even so, the Pala tears are for a reason. Ret is an absolute joke now. I'm sick of reading all of this "qq Paladins have always been op" crap on forums. It's simply not true and the Pala class was never any easier to play than the other classes. Every class is a button basher....

Perhaps you should take a look at the current damage output from Priests and Mages. It's far too op. A priest did over 3 million damage in the wsg I was in yesterday. Tell me that's right..

Far more needs fixing than just normal issues and I'm sure it will all be sorted soon enough.

They are showing the advert for it during the Spurs v Inter match for the first time on UK television. Apparently it has already been on in the US.

Actually, I think

is it, basically a compressed version of what you just linked.

Why did you want to resubscribe?

The new patch presumably.

I'm considering it myself once Cataclyms lands. If I do, there's no way I'll ever play the game as much as I did though. I'm not sure the game has the ability to hold my attention like it used to either.

I think Blizzard kind of copped out by essentially just shredding up existing landscapes instead of creating new ones. That's a bit disappointing. They also nerfed mages :x

But of course I'll be getting the XP, and see if it's any good. In a way I hope it sucks, because then I won't waste so much free time!

I think Blizzard kind of copped out by essentially just shredding up existing landscapes instead of creating new ones. That's a bit disappointing. They also nerfed mages :x

But of course I'll be getting the XP, and see if it's any good. In a way I hope it sucks, because then I won't waste so much free time!

In fairness to Blizzard, they created new zones, and adjusted almost all of the old ones. This is almost certainly the most work they've put into any expansion so far. And mages are in pretty good shape.

Why did you want to resubscribe?

Because it's fun?

The levelling game is certainly much easier than old vanilla wow, hell, Ijust dinged 55 yesterday, having rolled the character less than 6 weeks ago. - Looking for outland before I log off tonight.

But despite being a bit "easier", having a guild to join from l1, for all those things that need making for quests, and a social aspect, ie levelling "with" someone, the game is still an absolute pleasure. Only a couple of times has a "grinding" element come into the game play, and I look to do it all againwith a goblin over the new year.

After a couple of years off, and finding the game a bit "meh", its great again to play. I just miss having a few more VT'ers around.

Helps levelling with a hunter who's doing a lot of damage right now, but still.......

Â