World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Rev, have you got that same type of text shown under 'xp' for your combat text? I have seen a video of a Cataclysm raid with that text as combat text, yet I have no idea what addon it is, or if there is a new option for it since the patch...

shows the exact combat text I want. Just not sure what it is called or how to get it.

Rev, have you got that same type of text shown under 'xp' for your combat text? I have seen a video of a Cataclysm raid with that text as combat text, yet I have no idea what addon it is, or if there is a new option for it since the patch...

shows the exact combat text I want. Just not sure what it is called or how to get it.
It could be a number of things. I imagine it's this though.

Rev, were you questing in Northrend from 70-80? It looks like you levelled pretty quick. Congrats by the way.
I was 75 before I resubbed, so I only did 75-80. Soloed it all though, no instance runs, no boosting, just questing. I did five levels in two zones too, Grizzly Hills and Icecrown. I dinged 80 in Storm Peaks, but I literally did half a dozen quests in the zone before I dinged and that was only because I fancied a change of scenery.

Oh, and I tried to kill a Paladin as destruction the other day. I think it's impossible to do without a silence, checked my damage meters and I did more than 46,000 damage to him before I was killed by a mob which I had managed to bodypull. We were both level 77 and had maybe 12000 hitpoints so I did enough damage to almost kill him four times, but he finished the "fight" with about 95% life and 80% mana. Then I saw

Madness! :shock:

From WoW Insider and it works (I did it earlier):

NOTE: Blizzard has approved use of this method. It is not against the ToS, EULA, or any other acronym.

Pre-orders for the Cataclysm digital upgrade are officially open, and you can start downloading the remainder of the expansion's data the moment your purchase goes through. But what if you're awaiting a Collector's Edition or you don't have the money to upgrade online right now? You don't want to be left waiting for Cataclysm to download and install on launch night.

Thankfully, we've got you covered. There's an easy way to preload all the data you'll need to play Cataclysm the moment it goes live on midnight Dec. 7. Just follow these easy steps:

1.Make sure World of Warcraft and/or the launcher and background downloader are completely closed.

2.Open up your World of Warcraft folder.

3.Open Launcher.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.

4.Open Config.wtf in Notepad and change the "accountType" line from LK to CT.

Now load up the launcher and you should begin downloading 700 megs or so of new material. That's the last bit of data you need to play on launch night. Enjoy!

Remember: This will only give you the necessary files to play Cataclysm. It will not upgrade your account and you will not be able to access Cataclysm features. You still need to buy the game if you want to play on launch day.

Well, started about 9:45 this am. And my new Lock is about to ding 12. Have had an hour off for lunch...

And we're into "Barrens chat".....

Warnock

Post subject: Posted: Sep 12, 2010 - 04:56 PM

First Team

Supported VT this year

80 before Cata? Nah.

Well, dinged 69 last night and about 20% of way to 70. Thats since september 12th. So I have just over a month to get to 80.

As Ron Saunders said - "Would you bet against it?" It's going to be tight, mind you...

Questing should generate decent XP. No reason why you shouldn't be 80 before Cata at all.

Tnuc is 75 now, and not really gone mad with him so far.

The xp rewards are pretty good in Northrend - typically 20k xp.

Just turned 71 this afternoon. I must admit thogh, have played all the way til now with a levelling partner, a hunter, and with a supply of alchy pots and healthstones, we're doing all right! Few deaths really.

With your warlock?

Me and my friend started an RAF last night and got to 10 in about 45 minutes. Incredibly good but I think I stared the wrong class. Always loved the sound of demon warlock but for some stupid reason I chose Warrior instead. Hope it's fun.

Â