World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Yep. Migrate from that server you have been playing on for five years to join a man who has been on Dragonblight for a month Sam. Do it! :lol:

Been trying to remember who was in the Dashers group from here the first time we downed Nefarian?

I think it was me, Nayson, Sam and Dan, but am not too sure. Was Sie there maybe? Tarj, or had he been booted out before then?

I wasn't there. I'd been there for the first kill on every other boss in BWL (and the million wipes), but I got left out because some of the senior guildies decided they did want to play the day it looked like we'd kill him. I got left behind without even a "sorry". rocket polishers.

Trl was there. I uploaded my video of it to Google video, im sure you can find it if you search (cant link atm, im posting from my phone.)

BWL was great though. That six week run through the dungeon was the best time I have had in any game ever. When they worked, 40 man raids were awesome,far better than the 25 man game we had post TBC.

Having to cut people was horrible though, I only had to pick which Warlocks were coming and that was hard enough with us only taking 3 or 4 to a 40 man raid due to the retarded 16 debuff limit that existed back then. Luckily Rubberducker made it easy because his computer crashing all the time was a genuine reason to leave him and he was cool with that. When he got a new PC for TBC though, he was probably the best DPS in the guild.

I remember having to leave at least half a dozen people out of 40 man raids at Kargath, I doubt you'd get that muc these days. Happened to me a good few times. You'd wait around for an hour, then off they'd ride without even a "thanks for turning up". The second or third time they killed Razorgore though, I was there and was about the only healer left at the end, and kept Noctus up for ages, so was pretty much a regular after that. Weeks of practising and wiping on bosses just never happened in WOTLK, where all the bosses were an absolute piece of piss. That's when I got sick of the game, because as well as that lost feeling of playing with all your mates, 95% of dungeons were just dull run throughs. I used to like the times when you had genuine DPS and healer classes, then support classes like shammies and druids. In 25 man Naxx, I was usually in the top 3 DPS with a 3 or 4 key rotation.

I'm surprised to hear that, in the Lock channel we were always pretty tight. Maybe it was because there were never very many of us, but we always tended to sort out who was going and who was staying before any raid invites even got handed out. It would be shite just to leave somebody without so much as an explanation.

One thing that worked in our favour is that people did get geared up quickly compared to other classes. Like I said, it was detrimental to take more than three or four Warlocks because of the debuff limit (and this was when there were only 8 classes for the Horde, and 40 raid spots) so it pissed us off even more when you would get **** Hunters casting Scorpion Sting or Warriors casting rend.

The debuff limit had to be a technical limitation, because it was crazy. When we were in Molten Core, the limit was eight debuffs on a mob at any one time. The Warrior would put two on with Sunder Armour and Thunderclap, that left six for the rest of the raid. Each Warlock would need three just to have a chance of being competitive (Corruption, Immolate and a Curse) and a Mage would take one if he were specced fire (Ignite). They did up the limit to 16 after BWL had been open for a while, but even then it was only guilds cheating the Vael encounter which led to that.

When the debuff limit went to 40 then Warlocks became competitive in PvE. Oddly, it was at the time when the Shadowbolt Spam build was the best one to take for raiding.

• 3 weeks later...

OOK, I'm going to roll a new character and return to the game for a few months, me and a rl friend want to run through the game one last time per cataclysm, before lots of the landscape changes (as Horde).

Anyone want to join us?

If I sign up again it would be to get Nayson to 80. I got a free week when I bought Starcraft 2 and had a couple of sessions where I got him up to 75.

jfOiR.jpg

I did this quest again, the battle for Undercity, and I forgot how cool it was.

I must say I like the Roth UI a lot too. I cant remember the last time I played with a standard interface, but this one is one of the best I have ever tried. Definitely worth checking out if you like that kind of thing.

Well, started about 9:45 this am. And my new Lock is about to ding 12. Have had an hour off for lunch...

And we're into "Barrens chat".....

I assume you are on Tarren Mill and guilded up? Link your armory. :)

Â