World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Paladins survivability is incredible.

10 mobs, one pull. They are all about my level:

Aiar5.jpg

tsj8O.jpg

There is a system called "Holy Power" now. It's a bit like a cross between combo points and rage. See the three squares above my health? Every time I hit something with my main attack I get one Holy Power, if I stay out of combat for too long it will fade, but I can spend them on other special moves. One of them is a huge heal which costs no mana and has no cooldown.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been playing WoW every day for the last week or two. I have levelled up a Paladin from 25 to 49 (dinged 5 minutes ago) and it's been a lot of fun. I have been Protection spec and have done nothing but tank instances for about 20 levels now, I might have done 2 quests outside instances in that time at the most. The LFG system is fantastic for me, it seems the average wait time for a tank to get an instance is below ten seconds. That's not an exaggeration btw, it really is that quick to get a group and be in an instance.

uG8v7l.jpg

click for big. you might notice that Orgrimmar is currently on fire. Things are changing ahead of Cataclysm!

Anyway, as I have spent so much time in instances I have had the pick and choose of more blue items than I care to remember. You can see by the armory that if you exclude heirloom gear (I have none) then pretty much every item I have equipped is best in slot for my level, class and build. If these are the items that Blizzard have decided are the best drops for a tank, who is supposed to be clad in plate armour, to be wearing, then why the **** does mine look like a stripper in a bikini? :lol:

So, I've been playing WoW every day for the last week or two. I have levelled up a Paladin from 25 to 49 (dinged 5 minutes ago) and it's been a lot of fun. I have been Protection spec and have done nothing but tank instances for about 20 levels now, I might have done 2 quests outside instances in that time at the most. The LFG system is fantastic for me, it seems the average wait time for a tank to get an instance is below ten seconds. That's not an exaggeration btw, it really is that quick to get a group and be in an instance.

uG8v7l.jpg

click for big. you might notice that Orgrimmar is currently on fire. Things are changing ahead of Cataclysm!

Anyway, as I have spent so much time in instances I have had the pick and choose of more blue items than I care to remember. You can see by the armory that if you exclude heirloom gear (I have none) then pretty much every item I have equipped is best in slot for my level, class and build. If these are the items that Blizzard have decided are the best drops for a tank, who is supposed to be clad in plate armour, to be wearing, then why the **** does mine look like a stripper in a bikini? :lol:

Had the same experience when I leveld up my Druid. Instant join as tank no matter what time of day, Swipe and Maul glyph basically meant I could take the instances on solo with a half decent healer. Got screenies of doing 70%+ total damage in 5 man partys :lol:

I miss WoW but really don't want to go back to it. Is Cata out already btw? If not... when is it?

Cata goes live at midnight on the 6th of December. I can't wait!

There are some good build-up events going on right now ingame. The changes to the world (pre-60) are supposedly happening within the next three weeks, before the launch. Everyone who has WoW will get the changes, even if they don't have Cata.

Plus it has been announced that upon launch you can pay to change the race of a level 80 to a Worgen or Goblin.

By the way, I think there is still an offer of a seven day free trial going for the week before Cata, to give old subscribers a chance to play their characters in the new zones.

Yep, it's got such an odd feel to the game, with all those new doomsday quests in the cities, and last night, popping inth Thunder Bluff, elementals had spawned and were setting to Cairne Bloodhoof with a real vengeance... !

75 now, and a week off next week !

I must admit, levelling with some guildies from time to time, and mainly with a rl friend, I am enjoying this session of wow since I rolled a new toon in September, more than any time since my first exploration round Azeroth!

There is a fake Wowrush Dashers now!

tbzqr.jpg

Dunno who is still about. Sam can probably answer better than I can. I have spoken to Arcasis, Caitlynn and Gulthrak, and because WoW is connected to Starcraft 2, I have spoke to TRL loads.

*edit*

Orgrimmar is looking a bit rough too. Vol'jin finally got out of Thrall's throne room, all the vendors are dead, there is an evacuation portal in the Inn, baracades are up and there is a rather large fire. I guess you could say shit just got real.

LavH9l.jpg MWZi8l.jpg

I miss WoW but really don't want to go back to it.

Your missing out - it feels as if the world is breaking up, seriously, every patch, every week, is nudging on the storyline a little bit - its a far more impressive runup to an expansion than the last couple. - It feels a bit sad that Azeroth won' be quite the same again, but seriously, am loving the storyline up to cata....

Having more fun than since I leveled my first character....

Who's still around from the Dashers? What happened to healnoctus.com?

Loads knocking around still. Ninja'd some to join Darkblade as the dashers imploded and the management disappeared. I hosted/paid for healnoctus.com and seeing as whoever is trading off the name now had not the decency to reply to any of my mails I pulled the plug. Razor is kinda GM at the moment, but I really want to name back. Even if to retire it gracefully.

You have to have a battle.net account now Dan. You should be able to turn your old account into a battle.net one quite easily, I did it a month ago

Oh, and I'll relay some tales of epic adventures in Blackrock Depths. I forgot just how huge that place is. It's bigger than half the raid instances in the game!

eEsPxl.jpg

Remember Verek? The enslavable dog who was also a Rogues best friend!

Â