The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Wow...and they say the championship is competitive.

I was actually wondering what had happened to Alaves. I remember the mad game they had v Liverpool in the Uefa cup final in 2001 and they were in the top 5 0f La Liga for a few years but after being relegated just seemed to disappear.

Edited by VillaChris

Aye their Galician "friends" Celta de Vigo are another...still one of the best opposition teams I've seen live at VP. They had a right good team at the end of the 90s...Mazinho, Mostovi, Karpin, Revivo, Salgado etc.

They were exceptional that night. Mostovoi was head and shoulders better than every other player on the pitch

I hated Celta as im sure they beat us twice, Intertoto and UEFA Cup

always liked Zaragoza and hope they come back up and obviously want Mallorca to come up as they might want Hutton back ;)

I hope Depor go up.

They're one of those teams aren't they, that remind us of our youth. I don't think there's many a football fan in the world of around a certain age who doesn't want Deportivo de La Coruña back in the big time.

Amazingly, Valerón still plays at the age of 38! (for Las Palmas), what a legend he is..

The likes of Roy Maakay, Diego Tristán and Djalminha takes me back.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

El Clasico at 8. Barca could do with a win. Doesn't seem as much coverage as usual, maybe due to Atletico butting in.

they might have learnt their lesson when it got too much 2/3 years ago, after watching 8 of them a year or whatever it was it lost its impact in my mind

seen the pictures of the madrid flares outside, looks amazing

Â