The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Looking at the tables, is La Liga really that different to the prem?

Very competitive at the bottom, Betis are gone but the next two could come from a further six teams and at the top we have a proper three horse race which is surely the same here with Arsenal dropping out.

Valdes has done his knee ligament, out for 6 months, he's out of contract too, not sure if that means someone will wait till September before signing him

Shame his Barca career has ended like this but I doubt he will struggle for top level options in the summer.

They have Eriksen anyway, so I don't think they'll bother.

Although if I was Spurs, then I would get rid of Paulinho and try and sign Rakitic. 

The great thing about him is that he can play attacking mid, centre mid and defensive midfield, hard working, versatile player with great vision and an eye for goal. He's the complete package. 

Edited by AVFCforever1991

I don't think any club in Germany other than Bayern have the financial clout to sign him.  He is having his second fantastic season in a row, I'm sure all the big clubs in England are well aware of him as are the top three in Spain.  

Neither do I, Monaco at a lazy guess, but would you sign someone with that injury? Or wait until it's fully healed? Could mean he's without a club all summer

I'm also guessing that means de gea in the wc squad?

I think the Valdes to Monaco rumours have been around for a long time, so that'd be my guess to.

But as you say the injury might stop that. Although Monaco are rich enough to sign him anyway and just wait for him to heal

i hadnt heard of him till last night when im sure gerry armstrong said something along the lines of dont worry about falcao being injured they'll be alright with bacca, that instantly got my attention!

rakitic has been a gem for years, shame he joined sevilla just when the decline started, he was 1st buy on football manager for about 3 games on the trot, one for utd maybe? hope not

and valdes, monaco just makes sense, they'll in the CL, they'll pay his £150k a week wages, and he's far better than the 2 they currently have, id like to have seen him in the prem, i think he's quite unfairly got a dodgy keeper tag here but he's key to how barca play and is a great shot stopper (similarly will be interesting to see how ter stegen does in the sweeper keeper role) 

Â