The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

I don't follow spanish football at all, but after all the crap José got last year for Dropping Casillas I've noticed that he is not in the Madrid first 11 today.

Has he been a regular this year? If not is CA getting the same amount of grief José got? This isn't a pro José post, just found it interesting.

I don't follow spanish football at all, but after all the crap José got last year for Dropping Casillas I've noticed that he is not in the Madrid first 11 today.

Has he been a regular this year? If not is CA getting the same amount of grief José got? This isn't a pro José post, just found it interesting.

He's not started a league game since January 2013. It's a strange situation because he had played in every cup game and set a club record for minutes without conceding a goal this season.

Yep Lopez has been excellent since getting his chance.

Another player who brings out my hatred for commentators. Saw Andy Townsend commentating on a Real game last season and he was bewildered that Lopez wasn't throwing the ball into his own net or letting every shot in as if he was some sort of unknown rookie.

great player and his presence is still felt at the club as their defence is woeful without him with the average Pique and some centre midfielders playing in there. Really need to sign a centre half in summer or will continue to struggle.

plus Valdes going as well and the rumour is Xavi will too. that's the 3 captains of the team and think Barcelona could be in for a transitional phase

Not sure if any MLS club will want to give a very injury prone 35 year old a big pay day. 

Someone probably will. They always do. 

Not sure if any MLS club will want to give a very injury prone 35 year old a big pay day. 

Someone probably will. They always do. 

their is teams in England willing to do that ;)

richard-dunne-qpr.jpg

its a marketing thing more than anything else, they sign puyol, they get a good injury prone player who might play 25% of the games, but at the same time they get international media coverage raising the profile of the club and increased shirt sales

can you imagine what signing puyol would do to say dallas in spain / barcelona / europe? same as la galaxy signing beckham did here id guess

its a marketing thing more than anything else, they sign puyol, they get a good injury prone player who might play 25% of the games, but at the same time they get international media coverage raising the profile of the club and increased shirt sales

can you imagine what signing puyol would do to say dallas in spain / barcelona / europe? same as la galaxy signing beckham did here id guess

I don't see it myself. Henry and Nesta have played in teams and don't think they have raised New York or Montreal profile in Europe.

you dont think henry has raised the profile of new york red bulls?

id say they are probably the 2nd biggest team here after LA

nesta i agree but montreal are a new team and with them having di vaio, corradi and ferrari too id be surprised if there isnt a bit of interest in them in italy

my Italian friends who support Milan thought he had retired until I told them about him in Montreal and seemed shocked.

as for Red Bulls their popularity is mainly because of JPA ;)

Spanish second division. 

LVnpuK2.png

Teams in the playoffs could go down. Teams in the relegation zone could go up. Talk about a tight division!

• Like 2

Â