The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

We'd take him but I doubt he'd take us. There will be clubs higher up the food chain that would like to sign him IMO.

This.

But i dont know.. i do think Houllier is good at convincing to be honest.. i'm not saying we could have him for certain if we wanted but there is a decent chance if the board backed him with the right funds i feel.

Benzema is 22 quite young to be honest still has plenty of years left in him therefore i do think he'll goto bigger/higher clubs as stated before.

Who's your money on for top scorer this season then? It seems like an interesting head to head between the two glamour players of the division.

Ronaldo has 13 goals in 13 games for Madrid.

Messi has 14 goals in 12 games for Barcelona.

If it wasnt for the fact that Eto'o is smashing them in at a fair old rate of knots for Inter (15 goals in 13 games) then we could be talking about a straight fight for the European golden boot too. I'm glad we have so many super prolific strikers about though, years when we dont have that tend to take away from the "Roy of the Rovers" vibe that I enjoy so much about the game. It's just a shame nobody in the Premier League seems to have their shooting boots on yet.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Everybody has been fawining over Barcelona of late, but Real Madrid seem to have recovered from their mauling in the Classico very well. They won 8-0 in the cup last night, hat tricks for Benzema and Ronaldo. Ronaldo has 58 goals in 60 games since he signed for Real. Have they got their moneys worth yet?

Anyway, the race for the golden boot, counting all club competitions:

Ronaldo: 25 goals in 25 games (11 assists)

Messi: 27 goals in 24 games (15 assists)

And just in the league:

Ronaldo: 17 goals in 16 games (5 assists)

Messi:17 goals in 14 games (12 assists)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

STAT ATTACK:

Barcelona won 3-0 tonight, their second goal in the 3-0 win was the 400th goal they have scored since Pep Guardiola took over.

It took just 157 games to get to the 400 goal barrier. They have 401 in total now, at an average of (slightly) more than 2.5 per game.

In those 157 games they have conceded just 116 goals, an average of 0.7 per game.

Leo Messi has 122 of Guardiolas 401 goals, which is 30.4%

Barcelona's goal difference under Guardiola is +285

-It was +103 in his first season, where they won all six of the competitions they entered and played 62 games.

-It was +99 in his second season, where Barcelona won four of the six competitions they entered and played 59 games.

-It is already +83 this season, and Barcelona have only played 36 games in all competitions. Assuming a 60 game season, if they carry on at their current rate they will be somewhere in the region of a +138 goal difference (F174 A36 at current average goals for and goals against tallies.)

Its true. If we accept the gospel according to GlastonSpur, you cant count wins in competitions that Spurs didnt enter, so all of Barcelona's La Liga titles and Copa del Rey wins dont mean anything because they werent playing against Spurs.

How the fook are Malaga bottom?!

Got Pellegrini who's a good manager, signed Baptista and Demichels in this window and that Venezuelan lad Rondon upfront has been brilliant for them this season.

Plus they're loaded with all the arab money so I'm really struggling to understand why they're so bad.

Don't go there Carlos!

How the fook are Malaga bottom?!

Got Pellegrini who's a good manager, signed Baptista and Demichels in this window and that Venezuelan lad Rondon upfront has been brilliant for them this season.

Plus they're loaded with all the arab money so I'm really struggling to understand why they're so bad.

Don't go there Carlos!

According to serial bullshitter Balague, they've spent the most in this window so they should be able to get out of trouble if they play to the level they're capable of.

Â