The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

What system do Real Madrid play? Seems like they have a hell of a lot of attacking players on fit in..

I assume it's Di Maria and Higuain up front, Ozil and Ronaldo on the wings and Kaka and Khedira in the centre?

But that'd leave out Xabi Alonso, Diarra, Benzema, Leon..

No. Kaka is injured so hard to say for definite what he will do but at the moment it's

Khedira Alonso

Di Maria Ozil Ronaldo (Ronaldo/Di Maria switch)

Higuiain.

I think Kaka will be shipped out unless he recovers his form as apparently Mourinho tried to swap him with Cole in summer.

Hard to believe he is still only 28. He was awesome between 2004-08 and would be great to see him recover that form and a move back to Italy would do that. Should have never went to Spain but Milan needed the money

If he returns to his Milan form then he is twice the player of Ozil, but he may just be knackered and have called it a day early like the rest of the Brazilians.

Oh, I agree completely. I think I have said it before on VT, but I just cant see him recapturing the form of earlier. Kaka was a supremely talented athlete, his pace and power were as much to do with his game as his ability to control a football was. Has he lost a yard? Will we see him beating everybody for pace again? Will we see him score goals like

again? His best days could be behind him. He is only 28, but he has played a lot of football (as you tend to when you are a full international before you leave your teens) and he has been kicked a lot. Kaka is a magnificent player, but I just cant see him producing Ballon d'Or winning form again.

Also, I am just looking at Ozil's stats. He scores his fair share of goals, but his assist rate is quite incredible.

He got 23 assists in 08/09, he got 26 in 09/10. He already has 7 assists for Madrid in just 11 games. Quite the player to have in your dream team! :lol:

Another Spanish player collapsed with a heart attack this weekend. Miguel Garcia playing for Salamanca. He's survived and is apparently fine (as fine as you can be after having a heart attack) but was "dead" for 25 seconds. Scary stuff, some footage of it on YouTube.

Apparently the new law in Spain of every sporting venue having defibrulators present saved his life.

I went to Valencia v Mallorca on Saturday night. Very impressed by the Mestella, shame they're moving (though I'm told the new stadium is awesome). So steep and high up, much better than being at the back of the Trinity though as it's so steep. Good game too. Mallorca winning 2-1.

Â