The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

this time he is right they have spent a lot of money and am looking forward to see Buonannotte in Europe.

Oh I didn't mean he was bullshitting in this instance, just that he is one in general. Their spending is undeniable and there for all to see. But if you want an unfounded rumour then he's your man.

I never thought of it like that :lol:

400 miles away in Madrid, things arent going that badly for Real. They won 4-1 today, Adebayor scored his second goal in three games for his new club. Christiano Ronaldo scored goals 33 & 34 of the season.

Messi is great but the defending for the goals were woeful.

I didnt see the game but Atletico cant and never will be able to defend. Perea, Antonio Lopez and especially Ujfalusi are walking liabilities

Messi is great but the defending for the goals were woeful.

I didnt see the game but Atletico cant and never will be able to defend. Perea, Antonio Lopez and especially Ujfalusi are walking liabilities

It must be Atlético's coaching because Heitinga was a liability there aswell. He actually looks like a defender at Everton.

They play too open with 2 strikers, 2 wingers and full backs that join attack.

Its a joke at this stage and sadly I expect Quique to be sacked soon as he is a good manager :evil:

I really dont think they will win it. They will be in last 4 but i dont think they will win it. Defence is too fragile especially on left and back up players arent match fit like MIlito

The defence being fragile is a myth and Abidal is a fantastic left back.

BTW, I think what makes more likely to win the CL rather than their brilliance is the fact that all the other teams are quite average.

i agree its a bit of a myth that the defence is awful but they are still fragile. Abidal is dreadful and Maxwell isnt much better. Pique is good but not world class and Puyol is a Jamie Carragher type player brave but prone to rashness.

though keeper is world class.

Mourinho will have learned his lesson from 1st game. Last year Barcelona embarrassed Inter in group stage but come the semi-final he had the last laugh

Â