The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

but Malaga arent only team bought in last few months. Racing were bough by an Indian crowd who wanted Zigic as marquee signing :D and also Real Oviedo(who are quite a big club) in 3rd division got bought by a bunch of Mexicans

If you take it that the easiest opposition during a run-in is anyone in mid-table^ and that the games get trickier as you go up or down the league from the midpoint*, then Malaga have the easiest run-in of anyone out of the bottom 8 teams. The one onion in their ointment is that they host Barcelona on gameday 38, so they'd better be safe by then.

^ - as they've less to play for

* - This is a surprisingly accurate approach historically.

Great draw for Malaga away to Villareal this weekend. I still think they'll get out of trouble. They should beat enough of the sides around them and they've plenty of 6 pointers left. If they're also now picking up points away to the Champions League pretenders then they'll have no worries at all. It's an interesting one to follow though, that's for sure.

Kick-ass weekend next weekend *rubs hands*

Here's the bottom of the table going into it.

P  TEAM        P W D L  F  A  Pts
13 La Coruña 24 6 8 10 21 35 26
14 Osasuna 24 6 7 11 25 30 25
15 Hércules 24 7 4 13 24 38 25
16 S Gijón 24 5 9 10 23 31 24
17 Levante 24 7 3 14 24 36 24
--------------------------------
18 Zaragoza 24 5 8 11 22 37 23
19 Almería 24 4 9 11 24 40 21
20 Málaga 24 5 5 14 31 50 20[/code] And here are the relevant juicy fixtures. The top 3 being particularly relevant.
[code](20) Málaga - Almería (19)
(16) S Gijón - Zaragoza (18)
(17) Levante - Osasuna (14)
(15) Hércules - Getafe (10)
(13) La Coruña - Real Madrid (2)

I've just taken an interest in the tail end of the Primera because it's infinitely more interesting than the top end. And of the teams that are down there, I don't care about Malaga, but they are the one that is in the most false position in terms of investment, so in that sense they are the most interesting one to watch. That's about the size of it :thumb:

Here's what happened

(20) Málaga    3-1 Almería (19)
(16) S Gijón 0-0 Zaragoza (18)
(17) Levante 2-1 Osasuna (14)
(15) Hércules 0-0 Getafe (10)
(13) La Coruña 0-0 Real Madrid (2)[/code] And here's what it means
[code]13 Levante 25 8 3 14 26 37 27
14 La Coruña 25 6 9 10 21 35 27
15 Hércules 25 7 5 13 24 38 26
16 Osasuna 25 6 7 12 26 32 25
17 S. Gijón 25 5 10 10 23 31 25
-------------------------------
18 Zaragoza 25 5 9 11 22 37 24
19 Málaga 25 6 5 14 34 51 23
20 Almería 25 4 9 12 25 43 21
A good week for Malaga with only Levante winning. Next up is a slightly more taxing trip to the Bernabeu!
(18)Zaragoza    - A. Bilbao( 6)
( 7)Sevilla - S. Gijón(17)
( 4)Villareal - Hércules(15)
(20)Almería - Santander(12)
( 2)Real Madrid - Málaga(19)
(16)Osasuna - La Coruña(14)
( 9)R. Sociedad - Levante(13)[/code]

Rondon's looked brilliant for Malaga all season, another goal last night.

Venezuela have suddenly starting producing some good young players like miku at Getafe so wouldn't surprise me if they finally qualified for the world cup in Brazil.

Rondon's looked brilliant for Malaga all season, another goal last night.

Venezuela have suddenly starting producing some good young players like miku at Getafe so wouldn't surprise me if they finally qualified for the world cup in Brazil.

I doubt it personally.

There is the extra spot this time but they're still far behind the rest. Argentina will qualify as normal, Uruguay are a footballing nation back on the rise, Chile have a phenomenal amount of talent and then the likes of Colombia, Ecuador and Paraguay always have an array of talent.

Venezuela are improving but are several players away from having a good squad.

Well they've got Rondon and Miku both scoring in La Liga now so there's two good young strikers for the next ten years. Got Arango in Germany who's always been a good player, Rincon at Hamburg, Rosales at Twente so they've got a lot of players playing in major european leagues now more than ever.

I think if it goes down to 5th again as it should, then it wouldn't surprise me if they nicked the play off spot as they were only a few points off it last time.

Uruguay did brilliantly at the last world cup but always seem to have a major struggle to get to the world cup and lack consistantcy, Chile were uplifted massively by Bielsa, he's gone now I think and Colombia have flattered to decieve for ages now.

Well they've got Rondon and Miku both scoring in La Liga now so there's two good young strikers for the next ten years. Got Arango in Germany who's always been a good player, Rincon at Hamburg, Rosales at Twente so they've got a lot of players playing in major european leagues now more than ever.

I think if it goes down to 5th again as it should, then it wouldn't surprise me if they nicked the play off spot as they were only a few points off it last time.

Uruguay did brilliantly at the last world cup but always seem to have a major struggle to get to the world cup and lack consistantcy, Chile were uplifted massively by Bielsa, he's gone now I think and Colombia have flattered to decieve for ages now.

Uruguay lacked consistency as they didn't keep the same formation, so many changes were made and Tabarez didn't find the right system until the playoffs.

The strikeforce alone will get qualification with ease. Forlan, Suarez, Cavani and Hernandez is one of the best strikeforces in the world right now let alone in South America. They also have the experienced Abreu who can always bag a goal.

Chile are a good team, Bielsa or not, he did a fantastic job but the talent they have is phenomenal. I agree about Columbia, they have real leadership issues too, but Venezuela are a goalkeeper and a defence from coming anything close to the rest. This is the Venezuela I saw in qualifying anyway.

Â