The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Was going to say he'll obviously retire  there but think he's said he wants to play a season in Argentina before he packs it in.

1 season at Newell's Oldboys might happen, he did go back to Rosario for his wedding.

Imagine the security detail  they'll have to deploy at every step he and his family makes. They'll have to hire a private army :D

Luis Suarez just grabbed a Celta players arm and managed to dislocate it from his shoulder by pulling it out of it's socket. 

He then goes on to look baffled when the ref gives him a yellow card while most of his teammates surrounds the ref complaining.

Sure he didn't mean to dislocate the arm but still.

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Another record for Ronaldo, first player to score in every game in the group phase

Fine strike as well

And another Ballon D'or according to Nike

Foto: / © Instagram/FuzzFlangerBoot

Edited by sne

I don't think he is as good as Messi but he scores goals in the big games. Its quite possible that the Ballon d'or 2018 winner could come from the Premier League. 

Edited by PaulC

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't think he is as good as Messi but he scores goals in the big games. Its quite possible that the Ballon d'or 2018 winner could come from the Premier League. 

Will go to the best player in World Cup

I think Ronaldo deserves it again. Messi did score more, but not a lot more. It was only a handful more goals in the calendar year. 

Ronaldo won 4 trophies whereas Messi won 1. A trophy is a lot more important than a goal, and Ronaldo's many champions league goals helped Real win it. 

This is probably the last Ballon d'or Ronaldo will win though. 

Salah and Neymar have made a good early case for themselves for next year. Salah has been on fire, and obviously Neymar is destroying teams. 

Â