The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so did I, thought was announced a few weeks back

Me too, think I confused it with the FIFA award that he won in late October.

Ballon d'Or is France Football's award  n'est-ce pas ?

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think Ronaldo deserves it again. Messi did score more, but not a lot more. It was only a handful more goals in the calendar year. 

Ronaldo won 4 trophies whereas Messi won 1. A trophy is a lot more important than a goal, and Ronaldo's many champions league goals helped Real win it. 

This is probably the last Ballon d'or Ronaldo will win though. 

Salah and Neymar have made a good early case for themselves for next year. Salah has been on fire, and obviously Neymar is destroying teams. 

Neymar won't win it. PSG won't win the champions league, he doesn't play that well for Brazil and he plays in a shit league. He also has the mentality of a 4 year old

So the Neymar to Real rumors refuses to die.

I can honestly see it happening in the summer, or the year after.

Nothing in football surprises me anymore, and if there was some sort of plot where Real and Neymar's people together with PSG have done a deal to get him from Barca via PSG to be able to sign him for Real...

Real want's him, I'm sure Neymar would like to play for them to be able to win the Ballon d'Or.

There is probably a host of players Real would sacrifice to PSG to finance it.

The things currently in the way is Ronaldo who would not want him there, but he might move after the WC (doubt it)

And Neymar's contract with Nike that doesn't run out until 2022. Sure Adidas might be willing to buy out the last years of the contract to sign him over, doubt Nike would let him thou.

Usually with these thing it never comes off, but who knows.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

So the Neymar to Real rumors refuses to die.

I can honestly see it happening in the summer, or the year after.

Even with all the money they get from the Spanish government they can't afford him. Neymar isn't going anywhere for a few years. 

On 07/12/2017 at 15:58, Czechlad said:

I think Ronaldo deserves it again. Messi did score more, but not a lot more. It was only a handful more goals in the calendar year. 

Ronaldo won 4 trophies whereas Messi won 1. A trophy is a lot more important than a goal, and Ronaldo's many champions league goals helped Real win it. 

This is probably the last Ballon d'or Ronaldo will win though. 

Salah and Neymar have made a good early case for themselves for next year. Salah has been on fire, and obviously Neymar is destroying teams. 

I don’t follow the logic - Ronaldo deserves it because his team has won more trophies, but Salah is making an early case?!

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don’t follow the logic - Ronaldo deserves it because his team has won more trophies, but Salah is making an early case?!

Ronaldo deserves it because he helped his team accomplish more over the year. Salah is making a case because he is doing really well in the league and champions league. Plus his country made the world cup so he has a chance to showcase himself. I am not saying Salah should or would win it. I am just saying he is putting his name in contention. 

21 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Ronaldo deserves it because he helped his team accomplish more over the year. Salah is making a case because he is doing really well in the league and champions league. Plus his country made the world cup so he has a chance to showcase himself. I am not saying Salah should or would win it. I am just saying he is putting his name in contention. 

Salah should be a shoe in for African player of the year at least.

Although I'm sure Yaya Touré and his agent thinks he's the obvious winner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â