The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Shite shite shite. Best players in the world but utterly boring (Barca running away with title again), piss poor bottom half teams. Yawn.

Sounds very much like The Premier League and Serie A too.

Shite shite shite. Best players in the world but utterly boring (Barca running away with title again), piss poor bottom half teams. Yawn.
Aint you the guy that said the CL was boring too?
I say that all the time! But its right, you cant moan about it being boring cos of the same 2 teams and then point at the prem and say its better!

i think bottom half La Liga teams would beat their PL rival like im sure Atleti would beat SHA if they ever played

i think bottom half La Liga teams would beat their PL rival like im sure Atleti would beat SHA if they ever played

And I'm sure Everton would beat Albacete or Xerez or whoever else is down there these days.

I say that all the time! But its right, you cant moan about it being boring cos of the same 2 teams and then point at the prem and say its better!

Well, if someone thinks La Liga and the CL are boring, then they surely just aint much of a football fan.

Let's say that the bottom 17 teams in the Spanish League and half the teams in the CL are crap, not a patch on Barça, Real Madrid, Man Und etc. Does that make the Spanish League and the CL boring? Do people really want a diet of:

EP: Chelsea v Arsenal, Chelsea v Man Utd, Arse v Man Utd...

CL: Chelsea v Real Madrid, AC Milan v Barça, Inter v Man Utd...

LL: Real Madrid v Barça, Barça v Real Madrid, Sevilla v Real Madrid...

all the time? Are these all good matches?

Are matches like Blackburn v Chelsea, Stoke v Hull, Espanyol v Valladolid, Rubin Kazan v Dynamo Kiev always boring?

Half-time in the 2nd Division match between Las Palmas and Villarreal*. 0-0. But just before half-time (courtesy of Google on-line translation):

He concluded the first part in Gran Canaria Where there has been a goal despite good chances that had the whole canary, especially boots Guayre, who was very active, but unwise.
*EDIT Villarreal B

Well, if someone thinks La Liga and the CL are boring, then they surely just aint much of a football fan.

no i love la liga watch it all the time, been over a couple of times to watch barca too

i just agree with him that the CL is boring, probably 3/10 games in it are actually any good, if that, IMO its a shit competition with its main aim being making money for those involved, the idea of utd playing 2 dead rubbers is shocking

no i love la liga watch it all the time, been over a couple of times to watch barca too

i just agree with him that the CL is boring, probably 3/10 games in it are actually any good, if that, IMO its a shit competition with its main aim being making money for those involved, the idea of utd playing 2 dead rubbers is shocking

I do agree slightly about the CL its only really good from teh quarters and it was designed to protect the top teams. At least when we won it if you lost you are out but you can lose 2 maybe 3 games in group stage and still go through

• 1 month later...
Â