The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Wouldnt write off Xerez yet Gijon took a load if beatings last year and stayed up in the end

Yeah Gijon lost their first 5 games a combined 20-6 but they won their next 4 on the bounce. I just don't think Xerez have that in them.

The tiebreaker system that La Liga uses (head-to-head being ahead of overall goal difference) also means that you can get massacred by the top sides as long as you get results against the clubs around you.

Real and Barcelona keep their 100% records this season.

Ronaldo had his first game in a Madrid shirt where he failed to score. They still won 3-0 (against Tenerefe). Benzema scored twice, Kaka got one.

Barcelona won 2-0 against Malaga. Ibrahimovic has still scored in every league game, he got another today. Best start to a season by a new signing in Barcelona's history in terms of games scored in.

He needs to do it in the Champions League before he can move into the top tier of footballers like Ronaldo, Messi, Torres, Rooney, Villa (etc) I guess.

He is a fantastic talent. He needs a defining performance or he will always be open to the accusation that he isnt a big game player.

He needs to do it in the Champions League before he can move into the top tier of footballers like Ronaldo, Messi, Torres, Rooney, Villa (etc) I guess.

He is a fantastic talent. He needs a defining performance or he will always be open to the accusation that he isnt a big game player.

This is true. He's been scoring bucketloads for years and a good striker will always score in that team.

It's at the upper echelon of football that he has underperformed, perhaps he has never had the team to do it, I don't know. But if he can do it in the Champions League, I mean he really has to stand out, win a big game for Barca in the later rounds for him to be respected.

Wouldnt write off Xerez yet Gijon took a load if beatings last year and stayed up in the end

Yeah Gijon lost their first 5 games a combined 20-6 but they won their next 4 on the bounce. I just don't think Xerez have that in them.

Sporting's problem was that they ran into all the big guns in their first few matches.

As for Valencia v Atlético last night, I can only echo what the local Levante EMG newspaper has to say:

The Valencia is let tie in the prolongation before the Athletic one in another demonstration of the vulnerability of the equipment

Fish of Babel translate. Is good.

As for Valencia v Atlético last night, I can only echo what the local Levante EMG newspaper has to say:

The Valencia is let tie in the prolongation before the Athletic one in another demonstration of the vulnerability of the equipment

:lol: Excellent.

In fact it seems to have been altogether an unpleasant evening at Mestalla with tales of indelicacies

The president of Dalport, Victor Brave Vicente, had a calamitous appearance in Mestalla. He went as become fond of and his presence he caused the wrath of many fans. Those that realized their identity directed all type to him of insults. Bravo had to stick a carrerita to flee from the insults before entering the stage by door 6.
And quite apart from Aimar a disturbing choice by the Argentinians

Aimar, again international

The ex- valencianista Pablo Aimar returns to the Argentine selection. Thus Maradona, the albiceleste technician has decided it, facing the double confrontation that will have Argentina before Peru and Uruguay day 10 and 13 of October pertaining to the mundialista classification of 2010, call in which also appears the Young donkey Grouse.

click

For those who like myself have difficulty in understanding this particular variety of English, here is the original Spanish:

El presidente de Dalport, Víctor Vicente Bravo, tuvo una aparición calamitosa en Mestalla. Acudió como aficionado y su presencia causó la ira de muchos aficionados. Los que se dieron cuenta de su identidad le dirigieron todo tipo de improperios. Bravo tuvo que pegarse una carrerita para huir de los insultos antes de entrar al estadio por la puerta 6.

Aimar, otra vez internacional

El ex valencianista Pablo Aimar vuelve a la selección argentina. Así lo ha decidido Maradona, el técnico albiceleste, de cara al doble enfrentamiento que tendrá Argentina ante Perú y Uruguay el día 10 y 13 de octubre perteneciente a la clasificación mundialista de 2010, convocatoria en la que también aparece el Burrito Ortega.

click

• 3 weeks later...

Good old Atlético. As I write they're 3-0 down away to the not very mighty Osasuna with 2 goals coming from that great superstar who once graced the ranks of small heath alliance with such notable success, Walter Pandiani.

Yes. As mentioned by Stato about 40 minutes ago on another thread, I've just noticed. I'm slow today. I wonder if Pandiani ever got his HGV licence. Quite apart from looking a bit like a lorry-driver (or a typical brawler from the back streets of Montevideo, as one Spanish commentator once observed) he once bought himself a nice shiny red lorry (chassis) - no Baby Bentleys for him.

Villareal this season. :cry:
They always get off to a woeful start but this season they seem to be pushing things too far. Losing the manager, Pellegrini, can't have helped.

Incidentally, the Wiki page for Pellegrini currently contains this gem:

On October 19,byran Robson resign, Thailand at Manuel Pellegrini as manager, Get Thailand will to world soccer 2014.

Good old Robson, popular as ever!

Â