The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

• 4 weeks later...

Both arent 100% fit so not the best game to judge both even if Messi is a lot better.

As for the game ususally enjoy as a neutral but if a certain French striker plays for Barca i will cheer for Real

messi and ibra are likely to be out, i'll only believe ronaldo is better if he takes an absolute kicking from barca in his stride without diving or moaning and then winning the game for his team, in other words what messi and ronaldinho have done in the past

messi vs madrid last year was mad, they battered him (something like 8 different RM players had fouled him in the 1st 10 mins) and he just got up and got on with it, it was amazing to watch

messi and ibra are likely to be out, i'll only believe ronaldo is better if he takes an absolute kicking from barca in his stride without diving or moaning and then winning the game for his team, in other words what messi and ronaldinho have done in the past

messi vs madrid last year was mad, they battered him (something like 8 different RM players had fouled him in the 1st 10 mins) and he just got up and got on with it, it was amazing to watch

I was at that game, the 2-6 barca win. And the Barca fans around me were incensed after 10 minutes! I guess its similar to us playing Blues and the cretinous sloths of SHA battering Gabby, one of our own, all match.

(not that it would happen now that gabby is a man-beast!)

I think this is a different Real team this year however. They have improved their technical ability, and although not as free flowing as barca, do have players who dont need to resort to intimidation and rough tackling.

Heart says Barca 3-0 Madrid, head thinks however 1-1.

I was at that game, the 2-6 barca win. And the Barca fans around me were incensed after 10 minutes! I guess its similar to us playing Blues and the cretinous sloths of SHA battering Gabby, one of our own, all match.

(not that it would happen now that gabby is a man-beast!)

I think this is a different Real team this year however. They have improved their technical ability, and although not as free flowing as barca, do have players who dont need to resort to intimidation and rough tackling.

Heart says Barca 3-0 Madrid, head thinks however 1-1.

It was the home game that Barca won 2-0 that Messi got the real battering. Maybe he got one in the away win too, I can't really remember.

Las Palmas & Rayo Vallecano (possibly) being naughty

Las Palmas and Rayo Vallecano face betting probe

Spanish second division clubs Las Palmas and Rayo Vallecano, plus seven professional footballers, are to be investigated over betting on matches.

_44525319_europe_226x170.jpg

The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) will conduct the inquiry after a tip-off from European governing body Uefa.

Las Palmas listed the names of the players - none of whom are in their squad - in a statement on its website.

In November, Uefa named five clubs that it wanted to investigate following allegations of match-fixing.

The clubs are KF Tirana and KS Vllaznia of Albania, FC Dinaburg of Latvia, NK IB Ljubljana of Slovenia and Budapest Honved of Hungary.

The five were involved in seven games, one Champions League qualifier and six Europa League qualifiers, between 16 July and 6 August 2009.

No matches involving British clubs are under scrutiny.

The seven games have been whittled down from the 40 that Uefa said in September it was investigating.

European football's governing body is also looking into the roles of three referees and one other official.

Also last month, German prosecutors revealed they were probing possible match-fixing at about 200 games, which included Uefa's original 40, played in Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, Slovenia, Turkey, Hungary, Bosnia-Herzegovina and Austria.

Thirty-two matches in Germany are under suspicion.

Uefa has met with the national football associations of Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, Switzerland and Turkey to discuss the matches under investigation.

You know, I'm beginning to think that all these betting scandals involving lower-level clubs might just be the pretext needed for the bigger clubs to wall themselves off...

For instance, the CL implementing a rule requiring that any club participating in the qualifying tournament must have either made the previous year's CL group stage or paid their 25 most highly paid players at least 25 million euro in wages (since the cases of players throwing games for a few thousand euro have not been on large wages).

While in the 2nd Division Betis won a re-arranged fixture and moved into 4th place. I mention this because only a fortnight ago the natives were getting so restless that there was aggro at a training session. Now they'll no doubt be telling the world "We are the people" louder than anyone else.

Betis seem to have a hardcore of loafers and layabouts who go to every single training session and slag off the players every time everything isn't quite ticketyboo. They should be made to buy computers and form a site called BetisTalk instead.

Â