The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

Over easter i got to watchBarca play Recreativo, and thought recreative would struggle against the current leeds team inmo the touch and audacity of teh barcelona team was like nothing i have ever seen. Their passing was far superior to even Wengers greatest sides, and Iniesta is the most gifted footballer i have ever had the opportunity to watch

Pepe is an idiot.

First, he handed Getafe their opener and then he decided it's a good time to go insane and went berserk, handing Getafe a penalty (the player did dive, but Pepe pushed him blatantly) and then went kicking all over the place. For crying out loud - he's a professional football. There is no excuse for such behavior, especially when you know Barcelona play Real in Madrid in 2 weeks time. . I guess he'll be out for more than a couple of matches...

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone watching this game ?

Barcelona is playing some wonderful football..as a football lover it's just pure joy to watch..how chelsea managed to get 0-0 at nou camp is a mystery to me.

How i would love to see that Iniesta in a villa shirt..oohh myy

Unless Chelsea play for penalties on Tuesday, I could see Barcelona absolutely smashing them. They kept them quiet at Camp Nou by putting ten men behind the ball, and playing counter attack and long ball. If they try and attack, they may just leave themselves open like Madrid did. And it's hardly like Madrid are a shite team.

The reason Barca couldn't score past Chelsea is because our teams are brilliant, disciplined and very well organised and spanish teams are reckless.

Whilst that is true, I'd rather watch a reckless Barcelona score six than watch a dull Chelsea sneak a win.

Remember last summer when there were some silly links that linked Henry to us? Remember how many Villatalkers were saying "no, he is over the top"? Hilaroius. It was even worse than the "no to Henke Larsson bigrade".

6-2 amazing match although i'm a little pissed off being a fan of Real but you have to admire the way Barca play the game and hope to god they stick 6 past that blue shite this week :)

Â