The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

We might have cause to worry too, because if Madrid and Barca can't maintain their income levels in that league they'll find ways to supplement them elsewhere and that opens the European League door that little bit further.

I still cant see a case for a European Super League beyond the one we already have (its called The Champions League.)

I have made this argument multiple times on this very forum, but if there is a European Super League which involves the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Internazionale, Juventus (etc) breaking away from their domestic leagues and making a new competition of their own then most of those clubs have to accept that they are going to end up as mid table also rans. If these teams **** up in the super league then they wont have domestic success to fall back on like they currently do, and ultimately this will cost them their status as an elite club. I just cant see why anybody would go for it.

A twelve team Premiership with the top four in the Champions league, the next four in the Europa League and the next four in Europa 2.

Get rid of those pesky knockout stages and have everyone play each other in four proper leagues of say eight teams so that Real play the best eleven teams in Spain twice (and don't have top play any of those annoying and slightly less profitable smaller Spanish teams) then play 14 games against European teams with the same sort of profile as they've got before hopefully ending their season with the play offs of the European divisions.

22 domestic games guaranteed, 14 profitable European games guaranteed, then a few very profitable play off games to finish.

Job done and all of it utterly repulsive to anyone other than those people that run football clubs and TV companies.

Relegation places going into the final league game :shock:

## TEAM           P   W    D    L    F    A   Pts  GD

16 Malaga        37   7   15   15   41   47   36   -6

17 R. Santander  37   8   12   17   40   59   36   -19

------------------------------------------------------

18 R. Valladolid 37   7   15   15   37   58   36   -21

19 Tenerife      37   9    9   19   40   73   36   -33

If my calculations are right, this is the head to head between the 4 teams. Primera doesn't go to goal difference if points finish level.
TEAM       P W D L  F  A  Pts GD

Valladolid 6 1 5 0  7  6   8  +1

Malaga     6 1 4 1  8  6   7  +2

Tenerife   6 1 4 1  8  9   7  -1

Santander  6 2 1 3  7  9   7  -2

So I think Santander need to get something at home to Gijon. Because the other sides have hugely difficult games. It's not looking good for Tenerife.

R. Santander v Sporting Gijon

Barcelona v R. Valladolid

Valencia v Tenerife

Malaga v Real Madrid

Tenerife have to fancy it, surely? Real Madrid and Barcelona are absolutely desperate for the points so you would assume they would win. Valencia dont have much to play for. If Tenerife turn Valencia over and the big two win, then the gap between 3rd and 2nd could be bigger than the gap between relegation and 3rd. That's **** up.

Just watched Revista. Really interesting stuff.

Balague says put your house on Santander winning. They have an 'agreement' with Gijon from a few weeks back that "whoever needed the 3pts at the end would get them". And Racing need them. Plus Gijon's coach is from Santander. He says there are just too many "things" about that match.

Also, if Xerez win and finish on 36pts they will go to the top of the head-2-head of all the 36pt teams and will escape.

Balague says put your house on Santander winning. They have an 'agreement' with Gijon from a few weeks back that "whoever needed the 3pts at the end would get them". And Racing need them. Plus Gijon's coach is from Santander. He says there are just too many "things" about that match.

Illegal, no?

Just watched Revista. Really interesting stuff.

Also, if Xerez win and finish on 36pts they will go to the top of the head-2-head of all the 36pt teams and will escape.

Wouldnt trust Balague. His "knowledge" is not very good.

Clever fixture people only resolved the European situation with tonight's fixtures. Title & relegation are tomorrow.

Amazing finish tonight.

The kid came on for his 2nd game ever and probably scored the most important goal he'll get. For his hometown side too. Gutted for Mallorca, horrible way to miss out.

Jesus Navas seemed to be the only player interested for Sevilla though, brilliant every time I see him, it's a real shame he's so homesick.

Jesus Navas seemed to be the only player interested for Sevilla though, brilliant every time I see him, it's a real shame he's so homesick.

He's supposed to be "cured" now.

He's supposed to be "cured" now.

he's also ment to suffer with his pots,id love to sign him if we could he's class..

Â