• Bailey
    • Watkins
    • Zaniolo (Tielemans 64)
    • Chambers (Luiz 79)
    • Durán (Zaniolo 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Crazy, crazy game - Probably fitting that our mad man big Jhon capped it all off at the end with the two goal salvo.

I was wrung out after 60 minutes, keeper bloopers, dodgy offsides, VAR, missed sitters, ref forgetting his cards 😉 God know how the players felt.

There were limbs everywhere when Tielemans scored, and there was only me (and a table) in the kitchen! 🙈

It looked like it was going away from us when both teams made subs, but to be fair Chambers did very well when he came on and of course so did Duran (Duran). 

Wonder if the Liverpool fans were questioning Klopps subs, because they backfired, unlike ours. He was his usually prickly self post match. Shock.

Anyway, we got a point, from the three that we probably deserved overall. Great fight, great character, and some decent football at times.

Will keep reiterating, a squad last night, with NO Moreno, NO Ramsey, NO Kamara, NO Buendia, NO Mings, NO Cash, Zaniolo crocked, Tielemans playing through the pain barrier  - Some of these guys have played over 50 matches this season, unbelievable.

Proud.

• Like 2

How did Unai not do an ACL last night?  the man lives and breathes this club and has brought a belief that we can be someone again. Big John  is a pure crashing ball and for all our fancy footwork is what was needed on the night, the boys gave a good account of themselves and played to the masters tune. Two or three new players in key areas, manage minutes for players and we could give Europe a go next season,   onwards and upwards God bless Don Unai .

Coz we are living in Unai times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anybody got Doug's reaction to our goals from the bench last night - he went mental!

Can't see him leaving unless the club force him out.

Will be desperate to play in CL for us given he's been with us from day 1 of our prem renaissance and all the ups and downs in last five years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Been looking everywhere to see some footage of the gaffer, when the third went in. Nothing yet 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wanted to put Duran as MOTM for basically saving the game, but chose Leon just based on the sustained effort and heart he put in for the 90

Wowww what a game absolute incredible finish, btw i chose Duran not because of his goal contribution but also his mad man tracking back to wack the ball away from our half simply amazing performance from him.

Mcginn played fantastic and didnt deserve some of the stick he was getting in the match thread. Leon Bailey was magnificent the way he can keep the ball glued to him and escape a circle of players surrounding him is outrageous 🏆. Special mention to Tielemans too. 

Luke Robinson was not wrong when he said limbs were flying, i woke up with bruises and a sore leg from being dashed around from that equaliser in K6 😆

We could have done with a win and its overdue against those w**kers cant stand Liverpool spoilt b**tard club its time we start to win more against them. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That was never a handball tbf. 

If you jump with your hand up like that it's handball all day long, arm/hand in "unnatural" position.  Same as Luiz's against Olympiakos.

Just now, El Segundo said:

If you jump with your hand up like that it's handball all day long, arm/hand in "unnatural" position.  Same as Luiz's against Olympiakos.

Well I guess it depends what your interpretation of "unnatural" position is. For me, this one was not a pen but the Luiz one was. 

But from my POV it's more about proximity, can't be giving pens for someone making contact with your hand from that distance. Had VVD made contact with his hand before our player headed, then it's a pen all day. 

I understand why you may think it's a pen tho. The rules are shit, as clear as mud. Truth is, I have no idea myself. :D 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Nah It got headed into his arm that he'd just jumped normally with from a distance of at most 30cm. No way should that be a penalty 

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Horrible being a Spurs fan now. They know they have to win to have any chance of Champions League and even if they win, the odds are stacked against them. But then, if they do win, they hand Arsenal the league. 

Going to be a mad watch. 

Its like having your nuts squeezed in a vice, they remove the handle and leave you with a hacksaw.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

No surprise to see Klopp on the prowl at the end there. Just gagging for a confrontation. 

Never any danger, in this game. We dominated it from start to finish, and even gifted them a goal, to mark the occasion.

Liverpool was never in it.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Anybody got Doug's reaction to our goals from the bench last night - he went mental!

which one?.....HDE

it was a ghost....he come back to claim the glory.

Edited by TRO

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Arsenal get to laugh at Spurs,  Man U get to laugh at Man City,  Man City still get to laugh at Man U, we get to have beaten the champions twice, Spurs  are sad. 

Oh, and the small matter of 4th for us. 

Laughs allround then.😄

Edited by TRO

Â