• Matty Cash
    • Ezri Konsa
    • Douglas Luiz
    • Emi Martinez
    • John McGinn
    • Youri Tielemans
    • Pau Torres
    • Ollie Watkins

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/06/24 at 20:59

Posted (edited)

Who?

(I only included players I thought at least had a slim chance of getting a few votes. Lucas Digne, for example, is a really important player, but I couldn't see people picking him as Player of the Season.)

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Who?

(I only included players I thought at least had a slim chance of getting a few votes. Lucas Digne, for example, is a really important player, but I couldn't see people picking him as Player of the Season.)

He's been far better than Cash, but I don't think either would have got a single vote anyway.

Ollie for me.

Posted (edited)

Watkins for me. Many candidates but he is arguably on the verge of doing something no villa player has done in over 40 years (and in fewer league games). Immense.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Just now, MrBlack said:

He's been far better than Cash, but I don't think either would have got a single vote anyway.

Ollie for me.

I don't disagree at all. Digne probably deserves to be on poll more than Cash. #Flawedpoll

• Like 1

It’ll be Ollie but I went for Bailey, he’s entertained me all season and has been our most exciting player when he’s on it. 

Considering his previous seasons it’s been great to see him show us the player we all knew he could be 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Gotta be Ollie, just can't look past 39 goal involvements (all competitions) but he has competition which is fantastic.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Doesn't this get decided according to who won the most match polls? I think there's even a trophy that gets presented to the player, when possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve given it to Martinez.  

A month or so ago it would’ve been Dougie.  

Ollie is so close to getting my vote.  

I gave to Emi because I think he has saved us so many times, just immense.  I’ve watched him so closely this season and he’s made vital saves early on that has kept it all square which has allows us a platform to seek winning goals, or late in games making vital saves that has help us keep points.  He makes the defence more confident, he’s a leader, a maverick and an entertainer.  He’s world number one and shown why for us so many times.  I believe any great team is built on a great goalkeeper and we have one.  Truly blessed to have him at this club and another great season imo.

• Like 2

Ollie would get it for me because he's raised his game beyond what I thought possible, whereas we already knew that Emi was world class. There's nobody else in the conversation, for me.

• Like 2

The two lads at either end of the pitch have had the biggest influence. I went for Emi but Ollie could easily have got my vote instead. Both have been amazing.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

1. Ollie

2. Konsa

3. Emi

Edited by Xela

Such a strong field, and that is fantastic.

Ollie is the standout, but if it wasn't for his improvement and efforts, we would have several worthy contenders.

• Like 1

Oli

Emi very close second, and he's won us games by himself this season, but I think Oli has took it to the next level this season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Bit of a contrarian here, but voting Ezri Konsa. The forwards and attacking midfielders always get player of year awards, but Konsa is our unsung hero. Love that guy -- definitely the sleeper pick player of the year.

But it's mostly just nice to have all these choice players we all love.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Ollie would get it for me because he's raised his game beyond what I thought possible, whereas we already knew that Emi was world class. There's nobody else in the conversation, for me.

If Luiz hadn't gone off the boil in recent weeks he would have been up there.

• Like 2

Â