Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

We barely created anything against Brighton and despite having loads of shots today how many were actually decent chances?

We'll score at home against Liverpool on Monday I reckon. You don't think so?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

It's been a brilliant run, we'll be better for the experience and perhaps when we come up against an organised, sit-and-hit team like these next season we'll have picked up enough game intelligence to give us a different outcome.

Yeah I think this has been a great run. Sad it's at an end, but it's how it goes sometimes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Django_Zooms said:

We will all be Fiorentina fans on Wednesday 29 May.

I don't think I'd watch it if it were being played in my back garden

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, romavillan said:

Playing like we played against Chelsea and Brighton, no chance 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I hope so, but I don't think we'll be less tired than this team obviously already is and we are likely also low on confidence

Edited by osmark86

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Pleased at how we’ve capitulated in our first European semi final in over 40 years to a barely average Greek team are you? 

If tiredness was going to be an issue they should have just focused on the league. You do know if we finish 4th we will be playing just as many games next season (if we go far in the CL) potentially against better European sides?

Liverpool have played more games than us this season also with lots of injuries and still play with energy. We play like we just want the season to end. That’s not tiredness, that’s capitulation.

What is your thinking for the capitulation if tiredness is not part of it?

17 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

OK I admit that some of that was a cheap shot, but in my defence, your account was created 7 days ago, around the same time we played a European semi final, so given the posts it was a reasonable, if lazy conclusion. I very much welcome anyone of any nationality. 

All that said, I think you may want to watch yourself when bandying around the word respect, because of the two of us, only one posted that Doug should 'go definitely to hell'. And it wasn't me. Now I'm not sure if you think that was a respectful thing to say, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because of cultural differences, but that appeared to me and I'm sure a few others as a pretty over the top thing to say about anyone, players or otherwise. And i'll also ignore the fact that you've called me an idiot twice now, without me responding in kind, cos I'm nice like that.  

Ok...i'm sorry too. I lost my patience with luiz...he caused penalty in first leg and missed one for us...and played looking drunk  against Brighton too...so I really lost my selfcontrol. But my love for Aston Villa is genuine since 1980. Is my club. So this is a vad night, and losing control is easy...

• Like 1

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Why?? I’ve really enjoyed watching these Thursday night games. We’ve had some great wins and great performances. 

Very lame a lot of the time but the experience could be valuable . I’m not here to run tram down .