Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 8 of 10

imavillan

Yet another big game in the fantastic season we are having.

I've just noticed that this is showing as being on Sky Sports on Sunday but interestingly there is nothing about it on the Sky site.

Hopefully it will be on.

Clickity click 

spacer.png

So do we get early-stage De Zerbi or late-stage De Zerbi ??

The baked-in template says the former, but surely they continue to not really bother as in the last few weeks. Which player needs a new contract?

Can't say much about this until after tomorrow's game, as we don't know form or injuries which is quite a big deal.

Especially as we seem to pick up so many in game injuries this season.

Lets hope we get through tomorrow unscathed then we can plan for this game as it's gonna be huge.

Probably our best chance at three points from our remaining fixtures, even with Liverpool's poor form. Vital to get a win or there'll be a lot of pressure on the Liverpool and Palace fixtures.

Sky and TNT do like a difficult game for Villa. We've lost 7 times in 20 televised league games this season. That's ALL of our losses this season bar one. The only one not on telly was at Liverpool in September.

• Sad 1

On 01/05/2024 at 19:24, GlobalVillan said:

Can't say much about this until after tomorrow's game, as we don't know form or injuries which is quite a big deal.

Especially as we seem to pick up so many in game injuries this season.

Lets hope we get through tomorrow unscathed then we can plan for this game as it's gonna be huge.

Looks like we’re getting smashed then!

Think Zaniolo will start this, need to be resting Bailey for the second leg.

Goes without saying Pau returns and possibly Emi aswell.

That happens and worst we do is score draw as Brighton just want the season to end currently and morphed back to their Potter days of barely scoring.

It probably isn't the worst game to give Tim a start as their midfield v Bournemouth was Gilmour, Pascal Gross and Joao Pedro as the 10 so massive downgrade on what they were putting out 12 months ago. Not sure UE will do this though.

1-1 and we're all but in CL with Spurs losing 3-1 at Liverpool.

We’ve done so well with the Thurs-Sun routine because we’ve controlled the pace of the midweek game and conserved energy for the weekend. Worries me that despite how crap we were against Olympiacos, I felt that we expended a lot more energy than we did in any of the other mid week games.  

It’s time to dig deep and really put 4th place to bed. Don’t give spurs even a glimmer of hope.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AshVilla said:

If Olsen is in nets were already starting the game 2 nil down.

Hopefully Digne and Cash remember how to play the offside trap, and Luiz doen't give away any silly penalties.

Posted (edited)

I hope Emi back but I can’t see us risking him. Same with Youri. 

We are going to struggle if Brighton show up like they can. They will be fresh and their fans will expect to see something. 

We have to start with our strongest back line to help Olsen. 

Olsen

Konsa Carlos Pau Digne

McGinn Luiz Diaby

Bailey Olly Rodgers

Might even be a game to put Tim in the middle alongside Luiz and McGinn. 

Edited by Herman22

3 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I hope Emi back but I can’t see us risking him. Same with Youri. 

We are going to struggle if Brighton show up like they can. They will be fresh and their fans will expect to see something. 

We have to start with our strongest back line to help Olsen. 

Olsen

Konsa Carlos Pau Digne

Diaby Luiz Diaby

Bailey Olly Rodgers

Might even be a game to put Tim in the middle alongside Luiz and McGinn. 

I’m not sure that playing Diaby’s brother will help our cause?

• Haha 2