Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

Noticeable that tonight all the out balls bounced off Rogers & Watkins where last week they stuck and we're able to turn and initiate a counter. 

Terrible performance overall and I think the energy-saving play really bit us second half. We should have seen that we needed to up the levels much earlier.

Still a decent result in the bigger picture. 

Came home raging 'cos we've nicked a draw despite getting battered for most of the game. Wife asks if we were home or away (doesn't really follow  football)......I grumble 'feckin home'......then I get to thinking ?

As pissed off as I am at supposedly tossing off 2 points, if we had actually been playing away would I have been so cheesed off ? If it was an away 'smash and grab'we'd be high fiving and giving each other relieved glances......

So f**k it.....I'll just pretend we were away and eat my takeaway........there's always the next game.

• Haha 3

So Unai is happy after today and the point taken.....

But let's ignore what our manager thinks because what the **** does he know 😁

Olsen made a great save after the mix up but he makes me very nervous. Too many mistakes and doesn’t command his area well but pulls off some great saves when he plays. He wasn’t the reason we threw away a 2 goal lead but I was never confident with him in goal. 

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Note that the list has five midfielders on it. There's a reason we were stuck playing a forward in midfield for most of the match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Olsen made a great save after the mix up but he makes me very nervous. Too many mistakes and doesn’t command his area well but pulls off some great saves when he plays. He wasn’t the reason we threw away a 2 goal lead but I was never confident with him in goal. 

If we were still playing Burton Albion, Rotherham et al. in the Championship, Olsen would shine…

but we aren’t…

and our first choice keeper is arguably the best in the world…

No, he didn’t Enckelmen it, but as a backup, he still doesn’t put a glove on Emi…

I don’t dislike the bloke… It must be horrible to be a sub goalkeeper for probably the best at that time…

But when you know Olsen is playing, it doesn’t inspire confidence…

and the opposition know it!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So Unai is happy after today and the point taken.....

But let's ignore what our manager thinks because what the **** does he know 😁

You think when he has his meetings with the team tomorrow he will be hghi fiving them all saying well done ? 

🤦🤦🤦

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I feel like I need to preface this by saying that 7 points out of 9 from Bournemouth, Arsenal and Chelsea is a good return, and I'm sure if we swapped the Chelsea & Arsenal results we'd be pretty happy.

this is a fantastic point.

this forum would read TOTALLY differently if we'd drawn to arsenal, then won against bournemouth and tonight.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's the assumption that I would respond that I find most offensive. 

I don't agree with your opinion earlier, but that is very well played sir 😅

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

While I agree that Olsen doesn't inspire confidence, the 2nd half stats were pretty much a repeat of the first - except we somehow managed to score 2.

It's a fact, and there's no getting away from it. Olsen does not inspire the same confidence in his defence as Emi does. The second  - half was ample proof.

Games like tonight show that we're just not "there" yet despite how phenomenal a season that is being had. A few too many games where there's a complete lack of control and we're too easily pressed and panicked. Saying that though, coming away with points from such performances add up over the course of the season, and that's something you wouldn't associate with Villa before.

I am not sure what Chelsea are complaining about, that was a blatant shove in the back. I am not sure what MotD are on about either, it was amazing the referee didn’t give that in the first instance. It was clear as day.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wernt great but **** it got a point against the better team on the day. Hopefully they play even better against Spurs and beat them. 

That's a foregone conclusion. If they lose that, Poch will be sacked. 

On the result, disappointing to draw from 2-0 up but will accept Chelsea didn’t deserve to lose so will take the point. That could be an important point come the end of the season.

We must play better on Thursday!

Â